A new dawn, a new day

I'm sitting here, looking out of the kitchen window as I type, and watching the sunrise. A new week is getting underway as most of my neighbours are blissfully unaware under their duvets. The two coppers who have just dawdled up the street in their car probably haven't noticed either

So, can you see the sunrise, or have you got the curtains drawn and your duvet hauled up under your chin?

Awww Strix, I used to love that time of day, on earlies first tram out to mead hall. Ten mins to stand on platform and marvel at some of the spectacular sunrises behind the cooling towers and tinsley viaduct silhouetted in front. Most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Xxxxx

Waiting for OH (as usual) .Then off to Pickering,Steam train over the moors to Whitby.

Staying overnight at a farmhouse,then off to Beverley races.Then back,a nice little round trip.

PS cloudy in Hillsborough.

How fitting! When I read this post I thought of this.

"The Radio Ballads and the Oral History Tradition

‘England, England, and there’s nowhere like it at dawn’. These words come from a working class railway driver called Jack Pickford, who was interviewed for the first Radio Ballad called ‘The Ballad of John Axon’ (1957) "

I used to love gardening at 4am, watching the sunrise, and having the whole world to myself (for the most part)

The only thing is, you see some strange things being up at that time of night, and I've phoned the police about a couple of them. You try explaining to the call handler that the reason you saw this was that you were pruning the shrubs in your front garden at half 4 in the morning - it always needs explaining twice for some reason :huh::hihi:

I'm sitting here, looking out of the kitchen window as I type, and watching the sunrise. A new week is getting underway as most of my neighbours are blissfully unaware under their duvets. The two coppers who have just dawdled up the street in their car probably haven't noticed either

So, can you see the sunrise, or have you got the curtains drawn and your duvet hauled up under your chin?

This is a total fabrication, two coppers patrolling the streets, you must take us for muppets. :rolleyes:

Archived