Pub with function room, peak district

Does anyone know of a nice pub with a function room for hire in the peak district. I am trying to organise a reasonably priced party for a maximum of 100 people with a dance and preferably a barbecue?

not too far from sheffield!

That's quite a lot of people for a country pub! :D

I'd suggest the Ashford Arms at Ashford on the Water ... large garden and a BBQ area ... thing is, last time I went there the food wasn't very good (at all) ... it may have been a glitch though, to be fair.

The Monsal Head could cater for you ( I'm pretty sure you could hire their hotel restaurant with so many people) but not sure about the BBQ ... excellent food though and fantastic views! Ample parking too.

Most pubs in the Peaks are pretty small to be honest.

That's quite a lot of people for a country pub! :D

I'd suggest the Ashford Arms at Ashford on the Water ... large garden and a BBQ area ... thing is, last time I went there the food wasn't very good (at all) ... it may have been a glitch though, to be fair.

The Monsal Head could cater for you ( I'm pretty sure you could hire their hotel restaurant with so many people) but not sure about the BBQ ... excellent food though and fantastic views! Ample parking too.

Most pubs in the Peaks are pretty small to be honest.

yeah it is a lot but I want to avoid hotel prices. The original idea was a marquee but I can't afford that!

An alternative would be a barn.

yeah it is a lot but I want to avoid hotel prices. The original idea was a marquee but I can't afford that!

An alternative would be a barn.

Check out the Transport Club at Meadowhead, I have seen what appears to be the same marquee many times, if they have their own it will be a lot cheaper than hiring.

................have you contacted Whirlow Hall farm? They may be able to help you.

That looked interesting until I read they have an intensive pig farming unit. Why advertise that:loopy:

I wonder if Heeley city farm has any land to spare.

That looked interesting until I read they have an intensive pig farming unit. Why advertise that:loopy:

I wonder if Heeley city farm has any land to spare.

I thought you were looking for the Peak District. All these places are well within Sheffield. You may as well look at The Waggon and Horses on Abbeydale Road if you want South Sheffield.

If you want the Peak District try Thornbridge Hall. They even brew their own beer.

Archived