Should there be a media blackout of Breivik's court statement?

I can't understand how you can believe that people who have written ANYTHING on here are not utterly horrified by what this chap has done. Find me a post where someone has even come close to suggesting that such acts are a "plan", and let's take it to the police together.

sigh

i NEVER mentioned anything about the act itself, im talking about the personal politics of the far right, if you know ANYTHING at all about the far right youll know exactly what i mean

theres conspiracy theories for a start

1: about muslims taking over europe, followed by the world.

2: then theres cultural marxists that instigate multiculturalism

BOTH might i add that that HE railed against pre shootings

sigh

i NEVER mentioned anything about the act itself, im talking about the personal politics of the far right, if you know ANYTHING at all about the far right youll know exactly what i mean

theres conspiracy theories for a start

1: about muslims taking over europe, followed by the world.

2: then theres cultural marxists that instigate multiculturalism

BOTH might i add that that HE railed against pre shootings

Oh I know what you're trying to say. Don't get me wrong. It's just obvious that your trying to use, probably unthinkingly, the name of this man as ammunition to bolster you're own political views over others.

If, for example, the leader of the Green Party blew up an oil tanker with everyone on board, you wouldn't be likening all tree huggers to him/her would you? Or if Ed Milliband went off and did something unspeakable you would not be throwing his name at Labour supporters because "they had the same politics" would you?

I hope not anyway.

Oh I know what you're trying to say. Don't get me wrong. It's just obvious that your trying to use, probably unthinkingly, the name of this man as ammunition to bolster you're own political views over others.

If, for example, the leader of the Green Party blew up an oil tanker with everyone on board, you wouldn't be likening all tree huggers to him/her would you? Or if Ed Milliband went off and did something unspeakable you would not be throwing his name at Labour supporters because "they had the same politics" would you?

I hope not anyway.

its NOT about tarring people, its understand the politics, they DO think alike on the right, they DO follow the fashion so to speak and they DO support all the various far right groups

its NOT about tarring people, its understand the politics, they DO think alike on the right, they DO follow the fashion so to speak and they DO support all the various far right groups

We are gonna have to agree to disagree....you obviously don't see it.

Yes, there might be common ground between his views and some views on here. But there IS NOT common ground on his actions, and it is THAT what he is famous for.

Just liken people to Geert Wilders if you must try to throw such stones.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree....you obviously don't see it.

Yes, there might be common ground between his views and some views on here. But there IS NOT common ground on his actions, and it is THAT what he is famous for.

Just liken people to Geert Wilders if you must try to throw such stones.

but ive never mentioned his actions or him being famous??

all ive been talking about his the politics behind it and his motives

Charlie Brookers take on the coverage :- http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/charlie-brooker-norway-mass-killings?INTCMP=SRCH

I think this bit is being sadly reflected in several threads on here:

As more information regarding the identity of the terrorist responsible for the massacre comes to light, articles attempting to explain his motives are starting to appear online. And beneath them are comments from readers, largely expressing outrage and horror. But there are a disturbing number that start, "What this lunatic did was awful, but . . ."

These "but" commenters then go on to discuss immigration, often with reference to a shaky Muslim-baiting story they've half-remembered from the press. So despite this being a story about an anti-Muslim extremist killing Norwegians who weren't Muslim, they've managed to find a way to keep the finger of blame pointing at the Muslims, thereby following a narrative lead they've been fed for years, from the overall depiction of terrorism as an almost exclusively Islamic pursuit, outlined by "security experts" quick to see al-Qaida tentacles everywhere, to the fabricated tabloid fairytales about "Muslim-only loos" or local councils "banning Christmas".

Charlie Brookers take on the coverage :- http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/charlie-brooker-norway-mass-killings?INTCMP=SRCH

I think this bit is being sadly reflected in several threads on here:

EXACTLY, thats what ive been feeling on here the past few days, they seem to not actually be arsed about the murderer but still persist in lashing out the usual dose of islamophobia....it IS obscene, worryingly they either dont know theyre doing it or do and dont care.

but ive never mentioned his actions or him being famous??

all ive been talking about his the politics behind it and his motives

Hmmmmm, well I wonder why you commented that Mecky's "thought processes" were like the ones that Breivik was having.

Were you not trying to imply his views are like that of a complete nutcase? I think you were.

Basically what your doing, likening far right views to that of mass needless slaughter, is akin to likening Muslims to terrorists. Something which of course puts you right on your high horse.

The "vast majority" of muslims have the goal of propagation, by stealth, intimidation and violence?

I think you may be a bit paranoid.

Extremists and criminals.

Yeah, it's rubbish being rumbled isn't it? Makes the job so much harder.

I don't agree with what this Norwegian did, but look at the posts that have sprung up since and look at the people who are starting those threads and the thread topic, bit of a pattern forming isn't there?

Archived