Should there be a media blackout of Breivik's court statement?

What is far right? to me is bnp nazi etc. I think after this its going to be Thatcher voters.

Wrong. A good capitalist rejects anything that waste anything. That would include excluding a perfectly good group of potential workers for some daft ideal that makes no sense in the real world.

Wrong. A good capitalist rejects anything that waste anything. That would include excluding a perfectly good group of potential workers for some daft ideal that makes no sense in the real world.

daft ideal? like human rights? equal rights? civil liberty? etc.:roll:

Silencing him in court will just make him a martyr in some people's eyes. It's best he's allowed to speak his stuff in the interests of open justice and he's not going to convince anyone of his views who didn't already hold extreme right wing views.

In fact revulsion at his actions may actually make some right wing extremists reconsider their views.

Good post Nagel. I swing between thinking it would be a really good idea to hear what he has to say but also not wanting to grant him his wish to broadcast his statement.

I think on balance the judge has probably got it right, Breivik will be playing to the gallery with a well prepared statement. I think the only reason to justify letting him have his way is if he could be cross examined about it immediately afterwards which of course couldn't happen.

His court appearance could be a catalyst and encouragement to far right groups but I want to hear what he has to say. It will be very interesting to hear him to try and justify. As distasteful as his words may be we can't pick and choose who's views are suitable for the public to hear...

Giving this type of psycho scumbag any kind of platform should be a def no-no. I'm always annoyed when these cowards kill themselves after their pleasure outings - I fervently hope that this monster suffers for many many years.

On what grounds are you claiming he's insane?

There's no evidence whatever to suggest that.

I've always wondered about people who commit mass murder. How can someone who does such a thing be considered in any way sane? Sane people don't act that way.

It's the same with the Yorkshire Ripper. I don't know how he could have been convicted as sane as he was obviously completely mad.

Archived