How not to write English

No, it's the writer not expressing himself clearly enough
That is your opinion of that piece.

Which, manifestly, is neither mine nor Tony Erikson's.

So, in the context of the thread (grammatically-correct English), why is your opinion any more authoritative or relevant :confused:

It's not. If you re-read post #1, you'll see precisely the aim of the thread. Your contributions advance it not one jot.
Your OP was plenty clear enough (how ironical :D).

Thus, you still have to explain to me in what respect the English language written by Mr Brobst is 'poor'. So far, the only demonstration of 'poor' character, is about your apparent grasp of computing matters.

Moreover, and putting aside the fact that Mr Brobst's article is perfectly clear and understandable (at least to me and Tony Erikson, as we both appear to be versed in computing matters to a sufficient extent), is 'poor' synonymous with 'unclear'?

I wish I was clever.:roll::roll::roll:

A pedant may, of course, point out that that ought to be "I wish I were clever.": the subjunctive mood is required there. But I'm not a pedant, so I'll wait for one to come along...:roll:

Archived