How not to write English

is not clear, understandable and meaningful terms!

Of course it is. Just because you fail to understand the meaning, it doesn't follow that it is not written in "clear, understandable and meaningful terms" which it is, to anyone who works in the industry.

Nope. He said This leads to a dramatic imbalance in terms of computational configuration of processing architectures.

You rewrote this as It causes a bottleneck. Isn't your version clearer than his? Do tell!

Yo pulled the article from the Business pages regarding business computing. Why should it be dumbed down? Two of us understood it perfectly well.

He's an English snob. The dullest of dull and when they lose the pick out an error in your English.
That appears incompatible with his posts about Brobst's piece :huh:

Unless Jeffrey merely believes he's an English snob :D

He's an English snob. The dullest of dull and when they lose the pick out an error in your English. It's almost like a race card.
I wouldn't take it as such...even though I'm not a Brit and English is not my first language/mother tongue ;)

Incidentally (and funnily enough) my job is, by and large, to write technico-legal documents, which would appear positively baffling compared to Mr Brobst's article :D

Archived