The Space Race Part 2

We have bid a sad farewell to the shuttle and mankind now stands on the edge of uncertainty in regards to our further endeavours in the big, black void.

Why we have left ourselves in a position without a viable, long-term replacement is a question i'm sure many are asking but for now, i'd like to remain hopeful. Excited even.

My questions are:

What would you like to see humanity achieve in the next century in regards to space flight/exploration/?

Would you personally consider visiting low-orbit, the moon etc if it ever becomes comercially viable in your lifetime?

honestly, there's lots of other countries launching... it's only NASA that have thrown in the towel... and only for now...

The key word being NASA, and not the USA as a whole. They've simply taken the line that private enterprise should start running space flights instead of it being a government-run enterprise.

I don't how close the private US companies are to providing manned flight. In the interim, the US government will be paying other countries to provide it for them.

Archived