Help needed, good pub food.

roadruner

I hate to be pedantic (but I'm going to anyway), where's the Raswon? And in the week it is fairly quiet during the day, and does good food which is what the OP wants, and also the Beer's cheap.

IT DOES NOT DO GOOD FOOD

They reheat prepackaged and frozen crap.

Since when's the RH at Malin Bridge? It's more Loxley than MB, I'd say it's in Stannington but some postcode snobs reckon Stannington doesn't start till after the sign outside the Sportsman :loopy:

I'd definitely recommend the Rawson Spring in Hillsborough, the Blue Bowl's not bad either.

Heard that the Robin Hood is actually at Little Matlock, not Stannington or Malin Bridge. Also heard that if it is not already closed, it will be closing soon due to lack of trade. It's a pity, I have used it a few times, but it was pretty expensive and there's nothing to really go there for - other than the pub. Real ale and food is not necessarily enough to keep a pub open these days.

I'll second the Hillsborough Hotel and The Robin Hood, neither of which are in Hillsborough by the way! They're the only places you'll get a good sit-down hot meal around there though. The Admiral Rodney is reasonably OK in a pinch but it's not really much better than plastic pub food.

• 3 months later...

Archived