What is your opinion on holiday timeshares?

It can be a worthwhile investment, but the area is a minefield of scams and crooks. You'd have to be very, very careful about where your money goes.

Specifically Holiday World in Benalmedina. RCI points system... know anything about them?

Well the way it was explained to me made out like it could be but I'm sceptical. :suspect:

Timeshare salesmen are notorious. If you want a place in the sun abroad, or even a bolthole in England you would be much better finding some like minded people and buying one somewhere, sharing the costs. Then you actually OWN a share in something. You never own a timeshare.

Specifically Holiday World in Benalmedina. RCI points system... know anything about them?

I can't say that I do. I've never invested in timeshares, partly because I'm too keenly aware of how many of them are fraudulent but also partly because I don't actually enjoy long holidays in the sun.

I can't say that I do. I've never invested in timeshares, partly because I'm too keenly aware of how many of them are fraudulent but also partly because I don't actually enjoy long holidays in the sun.

Apparently you can sell holidays to people and make a small profit. The problem is you only get a certain amount of points per year and the amount doesn't seem that impressive but the quality of the accommodation is amazing. You can also get paid for recommending people to their resort.

My opinion is that timeshares are a financial disaster which only a crazy person would sign up for, reflected by the large numbers of current owners trying to offload their timeshares. As others have said, not only is it a fraudulent minefield but once you sign up, you are responsible for annual maintenance charges which are quite expensive and usually go up every few years. So many better things you could do with the money.

They have hold of you by the financial short and curlies and never stop plucking.....OUCH!:gag:

Archived