What is your opinion on holiday timeshares?

All those fees werent even mentioned, I only found them when I read all the small print. The fact that flights aren't included is probably the biggest downside to it all though; it's okay if you stay in Europe but if you wanted to go to South America, like you said, or Asia, you're not getting much of a bargain once you factor in the price of flights. I'm pretty much convinced it's a bad idea now and can't believe I even considered it in the first place.

Our time share in Teneriffe was ok until Petchy liesure took it over.

We were told that the maintenance fee (which at the time was £45 per week) would not rise significantly. After three years it rose to £250 per week making it cheaper to buy a flight and stay in the same complex than pay the maintenance. We refused to pay the inflated prices and are at the moment in a mass action group suing the timeshare company and RCI for missrepresentation.

We were told that the maintenance fee (which at the time was £45 per week) would not rise significantly. After three years it rose to £250 per week making it cheaper to buy a flight and stay in the same complex than pay the maintenance. We refused to pay the inflated prices and are at the moment in a mass action group suing the timeshare company and RCI for missrepresentation.

£250 per week?? :shocked: I was quoted £400 for the year, though I suppose that had the potential to increase as well.

It isn’t Beverly Hills was it, we had our holiday ruined by a 4 hour sales pitch for that place ………….. the outcome is that 20+ years later my wife wouldn’t go back if it was free ………. Be warned.

It isn’t Beverly Hills was it, we had our holiday ruined by a 4 hour sales pitch for that place ………….. the outcome is that 20+ years later my wife wouldn’t go back if it was free ………. Be warned.

I was having an early evening drink at the bar at Beverley Hills Cub, waiting for the wife to locate her face. A guy at the bar told me that 10 minutes earlier, the American owners were passing through on an inspection visit, he said that they looked like the cast of The Godfather. :suspect:

I have a timeshare in Kensington and paid £2,000 + £266 legal fees, one of the best things I've done - I know if I had bought one abroad I might not have felt like having to go whereas it's so easy just going by Virgin to London.

Archived