Do we understand addiction?

I try to understand addiction, lived with it for many years. My dad was alcoholic. When I was a child all I could see was him ruining my life. I couldnt let any of my friends come to the house, in case they saw him.

He was also aggressive, and used to be violent. Addiction to anything is totally selfish, but that is part

of the disease. It took many years for me not to be physically sick when I saw anybody drunk.

Thank God Amy Winehouse didnt have any children, and do you know when my dad died I still cried my eyes out, bloods thicker than water.

So R I P Amy, and a lot of sympathy to your family especially your mother.

Every time you saw someone drunk you were sick? Physically? As in vomited??

And what about the double standards. What of those who think nothing of smoking on a daily basis, but yet think it's ok to knock someone for being addicted to say, heroin. You are all afflicted by the same illness, addiction. Just because your's is legal doesn't give you the right to make damning statements.

You have to take drugs to get addicted and no one forced her to start taking anything. Its like folk who started smoking and now can't quit. There is only one person to blame.

This is the problem

Explain????

People who are addicted to any drug, including tobacco and alcohol, made the decision to start taking it for some reason. That is usually peer pressure to impress their mates.

Once addicted they fall into one of the following groups

1. People who admit that they would like to quit.

2. Folks who would like to quit but say they don’t to save face.

3. Idiots.

I assume from your avatar that you are a smoker. Into which of the above categories do you fall.

This is the problem, people don't just turn to drugs because they lacked strength at the original time of exposure. You can't judge someone until you at least know their story which could be harrowing and understandable.

I've been watching you FB, you have a nice way about you. I like what you post.;)

People who are addicted to any drug, including tobacco and alcohol, made the decision to start taking it for some reason. That is usually peer pressure to impress their mates.

3. Idiots.

I assume from your avatar that you are a smoker. Into which of the above categories do you fall.

you're funny:hihi:

3. Idiots.

Perhaps he is just someone who enjoys a fag or maybe his avatar is not actually him? Your list of catagories is less than concise or do you just like to cause a bit of an arguement?;):)

Archived