Shiregreen Council School and Sheffield Girls High School

Anyone out there who was a pupil at Shiregreen Council School 1945-1951. I remember, with affection, playing rounders in the school team, all the teachers, Mr. Coombs, Mr Ludbrook, Mr. Kent and another teacher who used to tell us scary stories on wet playtimes. Not to mention the atrocious school dinners, complete with dead flies in the cabbage and sweet dates as vegetables. ugh. For our many misdemeanours, the girls got the ruler across the hand and the boys the cane. Happy days. Love to hear from any of my old school pals - Celia Swann, Brenda Marshall, Margaret Goonan, Harold Dodd and anyone else who might remember me - Carol Stevenson. Also I'd love to hearfrom any old girls from Sheffield High School - class of 1956.

I was there from 1951 through infants and juniors. Remember Mr Kent, Mr Ludbrooke and Mr Coombs. They were all lovely teachers. Also Miss Ramage, Miss Hayward, Mrs Hill and Mr Lawton. I didn't like Mr Lawton but I liked the rest and Mrs Ensor. The old school was knocked down about 3 years ago.

Lyn

Don't remember Miss Ramage and Mr Lawton. I didn't know that the old school has gone. Used to love playing rounders - I was in the school team and went all round Sheffield playing other schools. Thanks for replying Lynn.

Archived