Personal injury claim

First, I'd ask your insurer, in case you have legal expense insurance.

Second, I'd prepare to be torn apart on here, for daring to suggest something so evil as claiming.

Second point aside, if you have any questions, feel free to ask (yes, I'm a lawyer, no I'm not after work before anyone says it).

People who make such claims are probably the same people who are often heard moaning about 'health and safety gone mad".

Well there's a very obvious reason why public bodies and private companies are now obsessed with their health and safety and are sucking the risk and adventure out of life.

You can do it yourself depending on the circumstances. If it was caused by a deliberate criminal act against you log on to the CICA website and submit a claim. The Motor Insurers' Bureau can be used if it's vehicle related and not criminal. Or if it's work-related and you're in a union then use them, even if you were just travelling to or from work. Or just go to an advice centre and get a list of solicitors in Sheffield to trawl through. Without knowing exactly in what circumstances you were injured it's hard to be specific. Having said that all that I know someone who's using Irwin Mitchell for a personal injury claim.

Archived