Changing money abroad better or not.

just a quick question.is it better to change my money in spain then here at the minute.and does anyone know where the best rate is at the minute.thankyou
i just changed some sterling on sat at a shop at side of m&s on ground floor in m/hall that was best rate we found,

just a quick question.is it better to change my money in spain then here at the minute.and does anyone know where the best rate is at the minute.thankyou

we always change our money abroad, you can get a better rate sometimes, but if you want to change some before you go the best place is m&s

Ive used M&S before, their rates were good when I used them last... get some money before you travel, and never at an airport where they rack up the rates.

Saying that I usually get some beforehand and usually draw cash out at an ATM once abroad is I need more, as that seems to work out better then using a forex once abroad.

I don't know why people keep suggesting M&S as the best, the eurochange shop is ALWAYS better than M&S.

I've just got mine from Sainsburys, going to Tenerife on Friday, the rate there has always been two or three cents better than here.

Not so sure whether this is true for Egyptian Pounds alone but my recent experience (last two weeks) =

Thomas Cook £1 bought LE 8.2, M&S 8.7 (same day, minutes apart).

In-resort a few days later 9.5.

One purchase on a card (albeit with a flat rate charge of £1.99 on top) used an exchange rate of almost 10.

Exchange rate (at 09:15 your time)

1.00 GBP buys 1.11 EUR.

Check with the post office, your bank, M&S and check online.

Ive used M&S before, their rates were good when I used them last...

They're good if you can avoid selling money back to them because they don't have a buy-back guarantee. Euros I normally keep for the next holiday, but I sold back CZK Kč and lost about 20% on it. I know that is how they make their margins but it was still a little steep.

Archived