Where is the best place to go in the City Centre for dinner with friends?

Banker's Draft does reasonable food, and the service has improved since it changed hands, there's also the Benjamin Huntsman on Cambridge St (opposite Cole's).

I agree with you Rich. But has you are going with friends i would opt for the Benjamin huntsman one.IMO i find this Weatherspoons pub much cleaner more updated and the food is always nicer hotter and so are the plates. If not they are other pubs/restaurants next door to this pub or around the corner to have a meal to choose from.

I agree with you Rich. But has you are going with friends i would opt for the Benjamin huntsman one.IMO i find this Weatherspoons pub much cleaner more updated and the food is always nicer hotter and so are the plates. If not they are other pubs/restaurants next door to this pub or around the corner to have a meal to choose from.

I find the atmosphere in the Bankers a lot better. Never had any trouble there.

Although the staff may have changed since then. In particular one member of staff at the Huntsman, whom barred me a week after I helped to split up a fight and tidy the bar area afterwards. Chuff accused me of fighting, whilst another member of staff pointed out how I wasn't involved in the fighting.

I find the atmosphere in the Bankers a lot better. Never had any trouble there.

Although the staff may have changed since then. In particular one member of staff at the Huntsman, whom barred me a week after I helped to split up a fight and tidy the bar area afterwards. Chuff accused me of fighting, whilst another member of staff pointed out how I wasn't involved in the fighting.

Ho no i was not slagging of the Bankers at all,me and my partner go in for food or a drink regular. I to have never had trouble i love the atmosphere. I'm more on about the pub itself its far to dark most times to me not right when you go with more people, unless you can get a table right at the top upstairs next to a window its lighter.But i just find the Benjamin more updated and light and food seems a bit better for group meals,not on about the people who go into the Bankers.

Archived