Why do I become invisible everytime I..

all the tests in the world arent going to change attitudes and behaviour. If someone wants to disobey the law, then they will. Only stiffer penalties (and I admit I havent thought through how to implement them) will change behaviour.

a good start would be a test then a visible cycle tax & Insurance disc, with heavy fines for cyclists that dont display or pay.....hey just like other road users!!!!!!!!!:suspect:

a good start would be a test then a visible cycle tax & Insurance disc, with heavy fines for cyclists that dont display or pay.....hey just like other road users!!!!!!!!!:suspect:

That would be a good start to what, a massive waste of public money?

Tax would be free, so that's a huge overhead with no income.

Insurance would be practically free and is provided in many cases by home insurance anyway.

Who would you test? Children? They're allowed to use bikes you know, there's no minimum age to use them. Or are you now recommending that there be a minimum age?

What about all the other road users that don't requiry tax, insurance or a license. Pedestrians for a start, horses and riders, there's probably a few more but my point is made.

Seriously, was test, tax and insurance the best you could think of? If you're that jealous why not buy a bike and join in? :roll:

Wear my cycle helmet.

This morning for example, approaching a roundabout, roundabout all clear so I carry on signalling to go round the roundabout to the last exit(3 exit roundabout). As I enter the roundabout Mr MR2 pulls up, stops for a split second before carrying on over (from the exit opposite my entrance) looking me in the eye before proceeding to drive with inches of me over my path of travel causing me to have to stop!!

Do these people only respond to big dents being smashed into their panels? They certainly are not bothered about the prospect of killing another human being un-provoked.

If I had of carried on and he had of hit me and I died I would like to think he would have gone away for a long time. IMO it would have been pre-meditated murder!!

Motorists should always have priority because they pay road tax and insurance...

Motorists should always have priority because they pay road tax and insurance...

Road tax doesn't exist and insurance is to protect everyone else from the damage you cause, it doesn't qualify you for priority it identifies you as dangerous.

That would be a good start to what, a massive waste of public money?

Tax would be free, so that's a huge overhead with no income.

Insurance would be practically free and is provided in many cases by home insurance anyway.

Who would you test? Children? They're allowed to use bikes you know, there's no minimum age to use them. Or are you now recommending that there be a minimum age?

What about all the other road users that don't requiry tax, insurance or a license. Pedestrians for a start, horses and riders, there's probably a few more but my point is made.

Seriously, was test, tax and insurance the best you could think of? If you're that jealous why not buy a bike and join in? :roll:

why let it be a waste, charge all cyclists if they want to use roads simple.

why should tax be free? and insurance would be low but still required, i think home insurance only covers loss or theft not insurance for the road? all people including children if they want to use a road should take the test, yesa min age say ten ? or twelve, horses yes should have a minimum insurance and maybe a licence, why not seems logical..............ahh but you want it all for free though ?????

oh not jealous at all got motorcycle thanks and a car ....point made:P

Archived