Why do I become invisible everytime I..

Scandal! Not only do cyclists not pay road tax, the taxman pays them to cycle!

HMRC Travel - mileage and fuel allowances. Approved mileage rates. From 2011/12

First 10,000 business miles in the tax year

Cars and vans 45p

Motor cycles 24p

Bicycles 20p

Each business mile over 10,000 in the tax year

Cars and vans 25p

Motor cycles 24p

Bicycles 20p

I forgot to add, I got a huge discount on my cycle, courtesy of the government bia the cycle 2 work scheme :)

great innit? Remember tho' its not the inland revenue paying them in this context, its the employer and only on works business. The info below tells you at what limit the expense claim becomes a benefit. You could just as well have written "the taxman pays drivers to drive" (which is also factually incorrect).

HMRC Travel - mileage and fuel allowances. Approved mileage rates. From 2011/12

First 10,000 business miles in the tax year

Cars and vans 45p

Motor cycles 24p

Bicycles 20p

Each business mile over 10,000 in the tax year

Cars and vans 25p

Motor cycles 24p

Bicycles 20p

be interested to know which cyclist on works business manges to cycle over 10k miles p.a. Assuming 230 working days, this equates to over 40 miles every working day.

they are useful for stopping your trousers getting caught in the chain. Why do all the people on here who only drive seem to be doing some macho bs? Why do they hate cyclists? When I am in the car I have no hatred towards the majority of them, there are some bad cyclists as there are some bad drivers.

Cyclists don't damage the road anywhere near as much as cars. I see lots of cars running red lights but I have yet to see other cars yelling abuse at them.

Dam you people who only drive seem an angry bunch.

Frank Sidney - you are being mean and trolling aren't you. That is very naughty. You are naughty.

Not at all. I find that men in lycra with a permanent annoyed, self righteous expression amusing when I'm on the road..:hihi:

Not at all. I find that men in lycra with a permanent annoyed, self righteous expression amusing when I'm on the road..:hihi:
youve obviously not been looking too well then. Most of the self-righteous "one less car" type cyclists arent the lycra wearers, but the beardy cagoule types. The lycra ones are the go fast sporty types, and as theyre into gadgets the carbon bike will match up to the premium/sporty car at home for which they arent too afraid of burning a bit of fossil fuel.

or maybe the annoyed lycra clad men you are seeing have a squirming face of anticipation as you approach them in your dungeon

I have facial hair and **** stoppers. I am a bit of a tree hugger. I look like a <REMOVED> on my bike. I am permanently gasping for air. It must be good for me though.

Not strictly true, it's the employer that pays them. It's just tax free up to a certain amount.

Quite a generous amount though it has to be said.

Where's mi bike?

youve obviously not been looking too well then. Most of the self-righteous "one less car" type cyclists arent the lycra wearers, but the beardy cagoule types. The lycra ones are the go fast sporty types, and as theyre into gadgets the carbon bike will match up to the premium/sporty car at home for which they arent too afraid of burning a bit of fossil fuel.

or maybe the annoyed lycra clad men you are seeing have a squirming face of anticipation as you approach them in your dungeon

Now, I like this, but as a point of clarity I think you'll find it tends to be latex in dungeons.

Archived