What has Islam done to you?

This is a serious question and if it's possible to tread carefully around the more sensational contributions likely to come from both sides of the debate, can anyone identify how Islam has materially affected their lives negatively?

I'm of the opinion that Islam is all mumbo jumbo, but then so's vegetarianism and Sheffield Wednesday, yet I wouldn't dream of doing a pack up and leaving the comfort of my front room to demonstrate on the streets of England against people that subscribed to those interests.

Is eating pre-stunned halal meat such a big issue? Walking past a funny shaped building with a dome on the top? Or having to endure the occasional rantings of extremists who don't represent the rank & file in any event?

It's never done me any harm.

I've worked with lots of muslims over the past few years and no-ones ever threatened to kill me, convert me or anything. Pretty decent folks most of them.

Well that's my view too, I've had unpleasant experiences with people who happen to be Muslims, but it's a rarity and they were tossers, nothing to do with their religion, most are just like the rest of us.

Islam has brought home to me the threat of terrorism,its made me more careful where I go and by and large has been a negative influence.

Its also made me aware of how cruel the way they kill animals and how their followers are taking over Europe, I could go on but you get the jist im sure.so its all bad.

Islam has brought home to me the threat of terrorism,its made me more careful where I go and by and large has been a negative influence.

Its also made me aware of how cruel the way they kill animals and how their followers are taking over Europe, I could go on but you get the jist im sure.so its all bad.

Wow, and you picked up all this from your day-to-day dealings with Muslims?

Have you contacted the Police?

So will you be wary of white, Christians now that indiscriminate terrorism has been brought to the doorstep of Europe by one? I hope not.

Its also made me aware of how cruel the way they kill animals

Can you clarify what you mean by "cruel"?

and how their followers are taking over Europe,

Again this seems to be a perception rather than a fact. Mr Breivik was compelled to write a 1500 page 'manifesto', blow up a government building and kill nearly 80 people because he shared a similar view.

Muslims make up less than 3% of the Norwegian population. Would you get over excited about your chances of winning a bet if they were only 3%?

I could go on but you get the jist im sure.so its all bad.

Thanks for your contributions nightlight.

With respect BoyFriday, you need to understand that Islam is not just a religion it is a political force and ideology too, and so asking 'what has Islam done to you?' is akin to asking 'what has Communism done to you' or 'what has fascism done to you'. Criticism or opposing of Islam should be no more bigger deal than criticising Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems, BNP, EDL, UKIP, SNP et al.

It is not simply about the individual, it is about how it effects society.

Archived