What has Islam done to you?

In the past decade alcohol taxation in the UK has effectively become a Jizya.

Brilliant :D

It should be abolished, or reduced substantially.

What would be the benefit though? You could drink yourself to death, for less?

Think of the health problems for a minute. If alcohol was half the price it was now, would you still buy the same amount, and spend the money you saved on other things? Or would you buy twice as much drink?

Brilliant :D

What would be the benefit though? You could drink yourself to death, for less?

Think of the health problems for a minute. If alcohol was half the price it was now, would you still buy the same amount, and spend the money you saved on other things? Or would you buy twice as much drink?

I'd save the money. As tax increases, I shift my drinking to self production and the black market. If tax reduces I'll happily ditch my black market purchases, although I'll most likely to continue to brew, that portion of my tax based drinking is lost forever to UK plc.

I'm happy to pay a small amount of tax, required to regulate the trade. But I ain't paying a Jizya.

thats different types of the same religion, i said INDIVIDUALS / people

I thought you meant people of a religion could not be treat as individuals separate from their religion. And many people are treat differently because of their religion.

Can you please clarify your post.

I thought you meant people of a religion could not be treat as individuals separate from their religion. And many people are treat differently because of their religion.

Can you please clarify your post.

my post said exactly what i meant

my post said exactly what i meant

funny how its only ever muslims that people fail to be able to treat as individuals but as "the religion"

no other religion seems to have this "negative" effect

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Similarly, those who don't give a crap about women's issues and are generally anti-feminist in any other context suddenly jump on the feminist bandwagon.

Back to the OP, I tell you what it has done to me. Never before in my entire life have I been accused of being racist until I came on here and condemned various practices and cultural traditions associated with Islam. I mentioned this to my boss the other day who literally snorted and was agog that I had been accused of racism.

My dear, that word is thrown around so frequently and carelessly that it's laughable. Here on the west coast of the US, you rarely hear it anymore because it's so overused, it's become meaningless. I've met very few real racists, mostly it's just a difference of opinion.

There are those who haven't got past the point of thinking that if you don't give certain people carte blanche based solely on their ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, then you're a racist. It's so much simpler to just treat everyone with the same courtesy and consideration you'd want shown to yourself.

It's made going through airports a nightmare. I reckon they should have captured Osama bin Laden alive and made him spend the rest of his life going though airport security.

About 10 years ago, there was a caller ID commercial where they gave Osama bin Laden's phone number out to telemarketers and he was plagued with sales calls all day. :hihi:

I'd save the money. As tax increases, I shift my drinking to self production and the black market. If tax reduces I'll happily ditch my black market purchases, although I'll most likely to continue to brew, that portion of my tax based drinking is lost forever to UK plc.

'sin taxes' will never be abolished (and why would they? They're a tax on the poor and stupid) so it looks like you're on the wrong side of the law, my son ;)

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

sigh, sometimes i worry about you, you used to be one of the more intelligent posters.

1) a member of a religion is part of the religion

2) BUT they are also individuals and members of the human race.

but ive noticed only muslims seem to get classed lock stock and barrel in the first option and NEVEr in the 2nd..........they are ONLY muslims

such as on here, people seem to bet boxed as "muslim" due to actions and not treated as an indivdual.

people from other religions seem to be classified in both catagories pretty easily

Archived