What has Islam done to you?

Nope,can't find anything re plithing on google (apart from a reference to magic) As retep said the carcass would be bin fodder if it became contaminated with the spinal tissue and brain matter...why introduce a n extra step that isn't needed?

Today, pithing is not practiced on animals intended for the human food supply because it may lead to the spread of fragments of neural matter through the carcass, but this method is encouraged for animals in emergency or disease control situations where the meat will not be consumed. USA regulations are currently in place disallowing importation of beef from cows which have been killed in this manner

I did say it was ages ago when i watched the program :hihi:

I did say it was ages ago when i watched the program :hihi:

Ah so it's "pithing" not "plithing"..From a disease point of view it seems to make sense..the animal won't feel anything as it's been stunned and the rod won't spread the disease easily as it stays in the animal..and as your quote says it's banned for animals which will enter the food chain..

Makes me laugh when those who like to wear their skin and eat their flesh complain about the methods being used to kill them.

They're so fickle.:hihi:

Don't you agree that it's better to use a humane method to slaughter the animals?

Don't you agree that it's better to use a humane method to slaughter the animals?

Of course it is but that doesn't stop most of the supposed outrage at the Islamic means of slaughter clearly being contrived by people who don't give a crap about animal cruelty in any other context.

Personally I think the Pope seems rather progressive in comparison to most of the views about homosexuality I've been able to discern in Islam.

He might seem progressive, but thats just good PR, if they had the power they had in the middle ages they would be burning people at the stake again.

All organised religions are the same IMO, they only "mellow' when their followers start to question the rules.

Of course not.

Are you saying that it doesn't matter if they're killed as long as they're killed humanely?

They're reared for that purpose....as a food...I'm not a hypocrite..I eat meat so no I have no issue with them being killed as long as it's done as humanely as practical...

Archived