The American Dream

There was a very, very long live broadcast by the president last night, I'm still not entirely sure what is going on though.

i was wondering though, who do they owe money to ?

Obama borrowed it for China :help: get rid of him.

I don't understand the concept of them running out of money. They're saying there is a possibility of suppliers to USA.gov won't be paid and neither will social security, yet they are still the biggest donors of foreign aid on the planet. They're also talking of raising the debt ceiling, so the figure as quoted in the OP seems entirely arbitrary anyway.

That's not quite how it works - China does indeed hold a lot of the bonds etc, but the president didn't go to them and ask them to buy them. In fact, if americans had been as patriotic as they say they are they could have bought the bonds themselves and had a lot higher proportion of the national debt held in their own country, like here.

Whos "They" ? "They" were never asked, it's a "He" we are talking about

Do you know how bonds work poppins? They are generally held by third parties because (obviously) the government selling them doesn't generally have the money to buy them at the time of issue. It just so happens that lots of them have been bought by the Chinese state, business and individuals.

Personally I think it's another indicator that the USA's stars are facing fast as the rest of the world moves on and leaves it behind.

We are living in interesting times, these bonds have been bought by all kinds of countries and organisation, and no one knows who's got what. I was reading about how many of these now dodgy looking bonds have been hidden and sold in synthetic ETF's often unknown to the people who hold them. In other words if or when the dirt hits the fan we will be looking at another credit crunch in a similar way as when the banks were exposed for hiding problem investments.

Obama borrowed it for China :help: get rid of him.

:loopy::loopy::loopy:

You watch too much Fox news.

Do you know how bonds work poppins? They are generally held by third parties because (obviously) the government selling them doesn't generally have the money to buy them at the time of issue. It just so happens that lots of them have been bought by the Chinese state, business and individuals.

Personally I think it's another indicator that the USA's stars are facing fast as the rest of the world moves on and leaves it behind.

:thumbsup:

This is what happens when you outsource your industry and become a nation of paper pushers, which requires 4 years of university in order to be capable to do the job...

There was a very, very long live broadcast by the president last night, I'm still not entirely sure what is going on though.
This idiot doesnt care about this country AT ALL!!

Many of us believe he took office TO KILL THIS ECONOMY AND BRING IT BACK UNDER HIS TIGHT CONTROL!!

All the Sheep that support Obama ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS because Obama is the reason this is happening and they are TOO BRAINWASHED to realise it!

Archived