The American Dream

This may end the dollar's reserve currency status and given the Euro's current fragility then Sterling might be the replacement, in part if not in whole.

The end of the US dollar's reserve currency status looks increasingly likely to happen and I don't think it's a bad thing. The US might not have become so reliant on foreign debt if it had been harder/more expensive to borrow without the advantages conferred by having the reserve currency.

I suspect the Renminbi is more likely to be seen as a reserve currency than Sterling.

The rest of your post is gibberish, I'm afraid. For instance, whose side were the USA on when El Cid mounted an expedition into Granada?

I suspect Lucifer meant Grenada not Granada.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

Apple holding more cash than USA

Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.

Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn (£45.3bn).

Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn.

The real problem is that the USA is living beyond its means. The nation needs to get used to it and sort it out fast because the future is only going to get worse.

Not so much living beyond it's means but a matter of the obligations the government has to pay to all the government services which are many.

Much of the present situation was an inherited one. President Bush lowered taxes then got the country involved in what has proved to be two very expensive wars.

Rather like me losing a well paying job, taking a lower paid job then going out and purchasing a 250,000 dollar Lamborghini on credit.

Obama has been condemned for the big bail out of the banks, finance companies and auto industry but it deserves thought as to what would have happened if the bail out had not taken place. We'll never know of course but everything was coming apart back then and in my opinion we could have very easily slipped into another depression rather than a severe recession.

Rubbish!. The main problem in all this debt crisis are the rabid Freshman Republican Congressmen of the Tea Party.
I disagree mate!

The main problem is OBAMA IS SPENDING MONEY LIKE IT MEANS NOTHING AT ALL!!

In October 2010 he gave 100 BILLION BOLLARS AS A GIFT TO THE U.N. WHILE OUR COUNTRY CONTINUED TO FALL!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we wouldnt be in this posistion now IF HE DIDNT WASTE IT LIKE THAT THEN!!

I disagree mate!

In October 2010 he gave 100 BILLION BOLLARS AS A GIFT TO THE U.N. WHILE OUR COUNTRY CONTINUED TO FALL!!!!!!!!!

and you certainly wouldn't be in this position now, if president bush hadn't cut taxes for the rich and fought two wars

I disagree mate!

He just couldn;t wait to get into office to spend all that money, as for the future we might as well give him our grandchildrens pin number too.

I disagree mate!

How much money spent by George Bush and his war in Iraq? All this present trouble started with Sheriff Bush barging into Iraq, which was no threat, six guns blazing.

When Bill Clinton left office we actually had a budget surpus and I believe he never even had to raise the debt ceiling during his tenure.

By the time Sherrif Bush left office the cost of Iraq and Afganistan had passed 500 billion.

As for other govt waste that's Congresse's fault. It was recently on the news that a defence contractor billed the govt 850 dollars for a 7 dollar switch. Makes you wonder what else is going on.

I blame much of this fiasco on the Tea Party. They were all new to Washington after the last election and didn't know squat about how Washingtom politics work and the necessity for compromise on both sides.

Michelle Bachman is typical of their mind set. She has stated that she will vote no even on the tentative agreement reached by both parties and due to be voted on later today.

She would sooner see Wall street go down the toilet, the economy go into a really deep recession and unemployment go up to 10 percent than compromise her ignorant, doltish beliefs

Dear UK cousins who talk funny: We're really, really bummed out about this whole money thing and it's ruining our day! So not fair dude! And listen, right after I get back from the gym, I'm making an Office Depot run for ink and paper and we'll get to work right away printing more money.

After we're gone, you can have my Waimea boogie board, my Falafel Hut coupons, all the cool costumes and props down at Columbia pictures studios (owned by Sony but they still let us work there), and everything in the treasury: .36 cents and the recipe for the 11 secret herbs and spices to make Colonel Sanders chicken.

Love always, the USA :)

P.S. We're still cool right? You're not mad? Aces! :thumbsup:

you should watch the simpsons episode "bart to the future" where the usa is bankrupt your post reminded me of it so much lol bart telling china etc that the cheques in the post and "we cool" :hihi:

Archived