Authentic American food in or near Sheffield?

Is there, or has there ever been a place to get good, authentic home-style American food in or near Sheffield?

I know all about Damon's, Frankie and Benny's and, of course, Uncle Sam's (although I can't find their menu online) but I'm not just talking burgers and fries; I'm looking for pot roasts, grits, cornbread, proper buffalo wings, all the good stuff...

Any ideas?

Champs used to be pretty good but I've not been for years.

If you have experienced the true American restaurants that have BBQ pits, then I'm afraid you will find nothing that comes even anywhere near real American food in England, never mind Sheffield. Although I did hear there's a restaurant in Chelsea with a BBQ pit serving fantastic pork ribs.

My husbands American and trust me hes certainly not overweight,anyone looked at the thread why are UK women so fat????? makes good points,look in the city centre to find huge obese people not just in USA.

Whenever I go to see my family and we eat out theres always an abundance of wonderful salads ect its people choices that make them fat not just because theyre "typical" burger and fries eaters.We arent all the same and do choose healthier options

Have you had a look at Swanky Frankys American Diner at Woodseats heard some good reviews!

Thanks, I had a look at their menu just now. I'm sure it's tasty grub but it all seems a bit typical of the sort of "pretend" American chain restaurants you can find in any town.

maccy d... burger king or kfc.. pizza hut, dominos and many more that are american lol

B'dum tish!

Thanks for reading the OP! *facepalm* Anyway, I said "food", so that rules out a few of those sh*tholes! ;)

Champs used to be pretty good but I've not been for years.

If you have experienced the true American restaurants that have BBQ pits, then I'm afraid you will find nothing that comes even anywhere near real American food in England, never mind Sheffield. Although I did hear there's a restaurant in Chelsea with a BBQ pit serving fantastic pork ribs.

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. It was always a long shot that there'd be something like that anywhere near Sheffield, but hey - you gotta have hope!

I see a gap in the market here... If no-one else fills it anytime soon, then maybe I will! :hihi:

Archived