Authentic American food in or near Sheffield?

I took to cooking American food's myself, Sloppy joe's, buffalo wings, that sort of stuff, as my wife is American and its impossible to get authentic American food in Sheffield. There are a few American food web sites that are in england and you can buy ingredients and stuff like hamburger helper and stuff but it is expensive. My wife seems to enjoy the American stuff I cook so if all you Americans would like to pop round one day I'll russtle something up. :)

Is there, or has there ever been a place to get good, authentic home-style American food in or near Sheffield?
Im in the states and trust me,THERE IS NOT REALLY ANY GOOD FOOD HERE!!!!

Its very hard finding SAFE STUFF TO EAT,Its all crap.... You guys probably have MUCH BETTER/TASTIER food there!

No aspertame,etc like there is here!

I hear ya, sister! Maybe one day, eh?

*fingers crossed*

its not hard to run a smoker either... can keep it outside and use all year round..

I could kill for some corn bread pancakes, ribs and macaroni salad. :love:

Im in the states and trust me,THERE IS NOT REALLY ANY GOOD FOOD HERE!!!!

Its very hard finding SAFE STUFF TO EAT,Its all crap.... You guys probably have MUCH BETTER/TASTIER food there!

No aspertame,etc like there is here!

Well you could lobby for changes to animal welfare similar to EU regs. I prefer the taste of British Chicken and beef over American..

American southern cuisine is AMAZING. Theres a lot of crap out there, but there is some truly mind blowing food to be had there.

I guess i havent ever had Southern Cuisine....

I would love to taste your chicken there,most everything here is TASTELESS CRAP!!

I went out to eat tonight and had a cheeseburger,IT WAS DISGUSTING!! (Hardily any flavour) the only good thing was the baked beans i had,THEY WERE DELICIOUS!! (BBQ)

Burger King is the same way,i have a whopper and THERE IS NEXT TO NO FLAVOUR!!!

I dunno.........

I guess i havent ever had Southern Cuisine....

I would love to taste your chicken there,most everything here is TASTELESS CRAP!!

I went out to eat tonight and had a cheeseburger,IT WAS DISGUSTING!! (Hardily any flavour) the only good thing was the baked beans i had,THEY WERE DELICIOUS!! (BBQ)

Burger King is the same way,i have a whopper and THERE IS NEXT TO NO FLAVOUR!!!

I dunno.........

Its because its fast food. I wouldnt expect a $4 burger ($6 if you throw in fries & a drink) to taste decent. Have you thought about buying a meat grinder and producing your own chop meat? Get some decent sirloin from the butcher and grind it up. Add some salt & pepper for flavour and turn into patties. Either cook on the stove or over the BBQ. Amazing.

Can Sheffield have something like this please, surely there's a market for it? This is what I'm talking about

http://www.barbecoa.com/jamie-and-adam

£ 16 for a burger? A place like that would be open and closed in 6 months in Sheffield...

What we really need is a decent USA style diner with a bar.

Bit like Hanrahans used to be (in the good old days) mixed with a bit of Yankees...

Doing really good quality burgers with fresh ground mince - cooked nice and pink in the middle , fried chicken , chilli dogs (with meat franks instead of usual lips and a**eholes)

£ 16 for a burger? A place like that would be open and closed in 6 months in Sheffield...

What we really need is a decent USA style diner with a bar.

Bit like Hanrahans used to be (in the good old days) mixed with a bit of Yankees...

Doing really good quality burgers with fresh ground mince - cooked nice and pink in the middle , fried chicken , chilli dogs (with meat franks instead of usual lips and a**eholes)

Think Thyme Cafe charges £12 for a burger and they're doing a roaring trade?!

It is a GREAT burger.

Think Thyme Cafe charges £12 for a burger and they're doing a roaring trade?!

It is a GREAT burger.

Yes but - that £ 16 burger is about the cheapest thing on that menu...

(thyme cafe is not very good imo...and £ 12 is still a bit minty for some ground beef in a bap)

Archived