£5.00 light bulbs

Sounds like the continentals approach, is it only us that apply their silly rules.

Yes, like the French Police who started enforcing the law on vehicle occupants requiring to have high visibility jackets - before the law was enacted !!

Whats happened with the cost of lightbulbs? The government said companies couldn't make lightbulbs that they have sold for the past twenty years for only 17p-22p. To save the world we can now only buy the "eco" ones...At Tescos they are now £5.00 and no doubt in five years time they'l be costing £10 each. Does anyone know if the government get any extra tax from these changing prices or are they only thinking of our long term welfare?

Dont most of these new bulds (led aside) contain mercury?

Not quite sure from your post which type of bulbs you want. I have seen the old fashioned type in many shops, poundland and morrisons etc, quite cheap.

The low-energy bulbs are also available for next to nothing - I bought a load from Homebase I think it was, 10p each.

Archived