£5.00 light bulbs

Not quite sure from your post which type of bulbs you want. I have seen the old fashioned type in many shops, poundland and morrisons etc, quite cheap.

The low-energy bulbs are also available for next to nothing - I bought a load from Homebase I think it was, 10p each.

I think there was a subsidy or similar that meant these bulbs ended up being sold for ridiculously low prices. This has ended now so prices will start to rise as stock is used up. I can't remember where I saw that but pretty sure it is mostly accurate.

I think there was a subsidy or similar that meant these bulbs ended up being sold for ridiculously low prices. This has ended now so prices will start to rise as stock is used up. I can't remember where I saw that but pretty sure it is mostly accurate.

Aha, that explains the "Buy 5 for £1 promotions" that ran a couple of years ago.

Good job I stocked up, anybody else noticed they seem to blow after only a few months? Maybe I just have dodgy electrics in my house :D

Aha, that explains the "Buy 5 for £1 promotions" that ran a couple of years ago.

Good job I stocked up, anybody else noticed they seem to blow after only a few months? Maybe I just have dodgy electrics in my house :D

We bought a load in Tesco once for 1p each. They don't fit any of our light fittings but I can't resist a bargain! :D

Guest sibon
Dont most of these new bulds (led aside) contain mercury?

There is an in depth and scientifically accurate thread about this very issue here. :)

The low-energy bulbs are also available for next to nothing - I bought a load from Homebase I think it was, 10p each.

so I thought but in Tescos theres a sign saying that the subsidy the government were making is now finished

Archived