Too much American 'culture' in the UK?

I love the Olive Garden Buck, my husband didn't care for it though, but Boston Markets still the best for your money...BTW Happy Birthday old geezer :D
Don't know if you get the Crackerbarrel at your end. Its a southern import, and as such is a lot of sawmill gravy and grits. I'm not passionate about southern cooking, a lot of grease and fries, and that godawful catfish. But we go in now and then cos its cheap and plentiful, and has a store selling southern junk made in China, which pleases my wife. Funny to hear yankee waitresses saying Y'all and such.:)

Me too. We have an Olive Garden about two miles from me.

Best Ribs....... Great Chicago Rib Company

Best steaks........Mine

Best seafood......... A small reataurant on the ocean front in Morro Bay, California

Best burgers....... In 'N Out

Best Coffee...... Seattle's Best

Best Donuts....... The Donut Shop. Pokey little place on Route 66 but they make donuts like you've never tasted before

Best family retaurants....... Bob Evans although we dont have in California, Applebees, The Claim Jumper and Millies who serve a wonderful sheperds pie and chicken pot pie

Best ribs Aldi of Enfield CT

Best steaks mine

Best seafood The Maine Fish House, Warehouse Point CT

Best burgers Harvey's of Montreal

Best coffee Dunkin Donuts

Best Donuts Dunkin Donuts

Best Chowder New England

Harley, my son cooks the steaks the same way, never tasted better, in fact his company sells those grills to Home Depo & Lowes , they can start off around $300 and up.

Didnt pay a penny for mine. It was a Christmas gift from my son who bought it at Target. It must have cost him a few bucks though. All I had to do was put itr together as it came packaged in a great big box.

In return we bought him a 70 inch Mitsubishi TV that Christmas. Old Santa goes wild around our place that time of year but so what it's only money and if you dont spend it someone else will after you're six foot under.

Didnt pay a penny for mine. It was a Christmas gift from my son who bought it at Target. It must have cost him a few bucks though. All I had to do was put itr together as it came packaged in a great big box.

In return we bought him a 70 inch Mitsubishi TV that Christmas. Old Santa goes wild around our place that time of year but so what it's only money and if you dont spend it someone else will after you're six foot under.

If you're wondering what to buy me for Christmas, a learjet would be nice.:)

I don't have a flat screen TV Harley :cry:

Had to highlight that paragraph amongst all the other mistruths and innacuracies in your contribution above.

Let me get this straight. It's ony the bad old US that relies on oil? Britain doesn't need the stuff as the country had gone completely "green" overnight and about 30 million drivers in the UK are now tooling around in "all electric or natural gas" powered vehicles? :loopy: :loopy:

Also how many people in Britain are employed in the arms industry these days? Look at the weaponry of any army anywhere in the world today and if it aint American, Chinese, French or Russian it's gotta be British

I as much as any ex-pat grieve deeply over all the rioting, looting, destruction and burning in my native land. I have to wonder at your comment about "moral integrity" I think much of the younger generation in Britain's inner cities have dumped "moral integrity" for "chronic Yobbery"

Highlight what you like Harl it wont make it any less true.

When did I say that America was the only nation that relies on oil? I said that we won't get dragged into another oil war - that's the point I'm making - GB wouldn't have gone to war were it not for pressure and incentives from the USA.

As for weaponry, I'm talking about Americas domestic consumption of weapons though as you mention it, America exports more weapons than any other nation BY FAR - one and a half TRILLION dollars worth in 2010 - and counting.

Yes - I bet you're crying into your petrol tank because of the riots here. But don't worry it's only a relatively few of the thousands of disenfranchised kids trying to get some of the action.

You know, same as the bankers and politicians - same as the disgusting people who amass unspendable wealth at the expense of the planet and all life upon it in some maniacal quest for POWER!

So don't write off our young people so easily Harl, and by the way, this thread is about Americas contribution to the world - if you want to chin wag with your buddies, best get P.Ming pal cos you're boring the arse off everyone.

Highlight what you like Harl it wont make it any less true.

When did I say that America was the only nation that relies on oil? I said that we won't get dragged into another oil war - that's the point I'm making - GB wouldn't have gone to war were it not for pressure and incentives from the USA.

As for weaponry, I'm talking about Americas domestic consumption of weapons though as you mention it, America exports more weapons than any other nation BY FAR - one and a half TRILLION dollars worth in 2010 - and counting.

Yes - I bet you're crying into your petrol tank because of the riots here. But don't worry it's only a relatively few of the thousands of disenfranchised kids trying to get some of the action.

You know, same as the bankers and politicians - same as the disgusting people who amass unspendable wealth at the expense of the planet and all life upon it in some maniacal quest for POWER!

So don't write off our young people so easily Harl, and by the way, this thread is about Americas contribution to the world - if you want to chin wag with your buddies, best get P.Ming pal cos you're boring the arse off everyone.

Gawdalmitey SUPERTYKE you stick your foot in your mouth more times than I've stuffed hot food in mine.

Who was it who decided to aid the Libyan rebels against Ghadaffi? It was France backed by Britain and Obama let himself be suckered into providing a naval missile bombardment for starters.

Why do you think Britain and France got involved in Libya? Because they thought Ghadaffi was a threat to the west and therefore had to go?

Ghadaffi was just an old tiger who had had his teeth pulled long ago. He was only a menace to some of his tribal opponents and nothing else

It was all about OIL boyo and nothing else since Libya is a big supplier of that commodity to Britain and France and Cameron and Sarkhozy wanted to get in on the winning side which they believed would be the rebels just as had already happened in Tunisia and Egypt where they had already ousted their dictators.

No good harping on continually about America being the biggest exporter of arms either. China is rapidly catching up and the Russians always were in the big league also.

A British manufactured tank is just as efficient in killing X number of the enemy as any other tank and that's the bottom line so bear that in mind.

I reckon your remark in the last paragraph is motivated by the fact that you made a complete ass of yourself with your comments on World War 2 matters.

German paras bypassing the Royal Navy and invading England indeed !!!!

I wont put smileys in either. Dont want you crying to the Mods about it

Had to highlight that paragraph amongst all the other mistruths and innacuracies in your contribution above.

Let me get this straight. It's ony the bad old US that relies on oil? Britain doesn't need the stuff as the country had gone completely "green" overnight and about 30 million drivers in the UK are now tooling around in "all electric or natural gas" powered vehicles? :loopy: :loopy:

Also how many people in Britain are employed in the arms industry these days? Look at the weaponry of any army anywhere in the world today and if it aint American, Chinese, French or Russian it's gotta be British

I as much as any ex-pat grieve deeply over all the rioting, looting, destruction and burning in my native land. I have to wonder at your comment about "moral integrity" I think much of the younger generation in Britain's inner cities have dumped "moral integrity" for "chronic Yobbery"

mmmm USA Rioting:

2010 - University of Tennessee Lane Kiffin Riot. Students riot on the Knoxville campus following head football coach Lane Kiffin's announcement that he took the head coaching job at the University of Southern California.

2010 - University of Maryland basketball disturbance 2010, College Park, Maryland, March 3 following a game; 28 arrested.

2010 - Springfest Riot, April 10, 200 police disperse crowd of 8000 using tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets and bean bag rounds, near the campus of James Madison University; dozens injured; 30-35 arrested., Harrisonburg, Virginia

2010 – Santa Cruz May Day riot, May 1, 250 rampage through downtown Santa Cruz attacking 18 businesses, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages. 1 arrested. Santa Cruz, California

2010 – L.A. Lakers riot, June 17, Fans riot in Downtown Los Angeles after Lakers win championship, 50 arrested. Los Angeles, California

2010 – BART Verdict riot, July 8, Riot breaks out in response to verdict in the killing of Oscar Grant, BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant. About 100 businesses were damaged and 78 people were arrested, Oakland, California

2010 - Eugene Melee, Sept 25, Riot breaks out west of the University of Oregon campus as police use tear gas to break up a rowdy party. 9 arrested. Eugene, Oregon

2010 - Oakland Protest riot, Nov. 5, Police made more than 150 arrests as a crowd broke windows and knocked down fences, protesting sentence of former BART officer in shooting of Oscar Grant on New Years Day 2009 see BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant., Oakland, California

Archived