Too much American 'culture' in the UK?

How come everyones so concerned over word pronunciation all of a sudden, I guess none of you are from Sheffield then :hihi:

At gas station in the official middle of nowhere MS, i was actually told "Hey, you talk faancy!"

This was despite the fact they couldnt tell a word i was saying

French Canadians represent a very small proportion of the country, I would say that Canadians don’t have a pronounced accent.

Depends where you go. In Montreal French seemed to be the main language, even on advertising and shop fronts.

Indeed, there was even a US remake of Fawlty Towers! Obviously it wasn't as good as the original, John Cleese's comic genius could never be remade as good, there's no American version of him.

A version of faulty towers as been copied by other countries with Manuel changing nationality accordingly

In Montreal they still complain about Bret Hart getting screwed out of the WWF Championship at the 1997 Survivor Series, no really they do... On most wrestling fan sites.

In Montreal they still complain about Bret Hart getting screwed out of the WWF Championship at the 1997 Survivor Series, no really they do... On most wrestling fan sites.

Thats like saying 'everyone in Sheffield mourns the loss of the victoria station'.

Well the ones on the anarorak sites do.

Archived