Too much American 'culture' in the UK?

Ask the Department For Education (or whatever they are currently called)

The Science Key Stage 3 National Curriculum was American spellchecked. The result was that all the official documents spelt "sulphur" as "sulfur". So all of the publishers followed suit. The result: a change in our language.

Go and pick up a school science textbook if you want to check.

If that is true, I can't believe it, that is a damn disgrace!

And they have the audacity to quote our children prices for university in £, they might aswell use $. Shame upon our education system.

Can you provide a link?

Depends where you go. In Montreal French seemed to be the main langua

ge, even on advertising and shop fronts.

That’s because it’s in Quebec but that hardly represents the whole of Canada …………. Beautiful place though.

Wiki -

Quebec is a province in east-central Canada. It is the only Canadian province with a predominantly French-speaking population

But he likes their BBQ sauce :hihi:

Actually I find that JR's sauce a bit too strong for my liking, might try and sell the other bottle I've got on eBay.

Definately.............. skateboards.......pain in the neck trying to dodge teenagers on them.

Hooded tops.......commonly worn by teenagers hanging around in groups.....intimidating,

they even have the hood up when the weather is hot and sunny !

Base ball caps.......what can you say about these....... majority of teens wear them as part of their dress code as though its a uniform.

Burger bars....... everywhere you go doesn't matter which city, there's always loads of them.

Rap Music......again American culture !

Archived