Too much American 'culture' in the UK?

That's your honor, learn to spell American:hihi:

Even though we both speak the same language, it's amazing how there are some subtle differences between American-English and proper English:

They say "sidewalk" we say "pavement"

They say "pants" we say "trousers"

They say "buried at sea" we say "naked and chained to a metal bed frame with a car battery connected to his testicles whilst being beaten for answers".

:hihi:

And it was the poor, the tired, the weak, the unwanted of Europe who flocked to America by the millions which caused the expansion westwards

Indeed, nobody is innocent. The British and the French used the natives in the Seven Years' War, and this followed on into the War for Independence. Post Civil-War and the responsibility falls onto US authorities though. The latter half of the 19th Century were awful for Native Americans.

Even though we both speak the same language, it's amazing how there are some subtle differences between American-English and proper English:

They say "sidewalk" we say "pavement"

They say "pants" we say "trousers"

They say "buried at sea" we say "naked and chained to a metal bed frame with a car battery connected to his testicles whilst being beaten for answers".

:hihi:

Better put the cork back in the bottle Archy :hihi:

Better put the cork back in the bottle Archy :hihi:

British rescue operation.

Use stealth tactics to get into the enemy building. Use silenced weapons and gas to disable combatants and avoid detection. Rescue victim quickly and without taking any casualties.

American rescue operation.

Roll up in Hummers, because they are cool. Throw grenades at building until everyone inside is dead, because explosions are cool. Drag corpse of person you just 'rescued' out of the rubble and stick American flag in them. High five anyone in your platoon still alive.

Woah, you are well off point there! The Polish joined the UK forces and fought long and hard against the germans alongside us... This is why we've had such a strong and longstanding Polish community in the UK, but then you'd know this, living in England as you do... Hmm...
Excuse me, I was 8 years old when WW2 started. For years in Sheffield I was friends with a bunch of Polish veterans. We rode Motor bikes together and they liked a beer or two. I worked for some weeks in Gdansk just before Lech Walesa and his people drove out the Commies. I was working for Davy United at he time. While I could not speak Polish, I was fluent in German, which is the second language in Poland. But you'd know that living in the cosmopolitan metropolis of Sheffield as you do.

Excuse me, I was 8 years old when WW2 started. For years in Sheffield I was friends with a bunch of Polish veterans. We rode Motor bikes together and they liked a beer or two. I worked for some weeks in Gdansk just before Lech Walesa and his people drove out the Commies. I was working for Davy United at he time. While I could not speak Polish, I was fluent in German, which is the second language in Poland. But you'd know that living in the cosmopolitan metropolis of Sheffield as you do.

Uncle Albert, How is Del Boy and Rodney. :D

SAN FRANCISCO MAN BECOMES FIRST AMERICAN TO GRASP SIGNIFICANCE OF IRONY

- Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony. "It was weird," Fullmer said. "I was in London and, like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather, eh?" and I thought "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather." Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future. "I'm, like, using it all the time," he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks and I burned them to **** and I said "Hey, great weather!".

:|

Indeed, nobody is innocent. The British and the French used the natives in the Seven Years' War, and this followed on into the War for Independence. Post Civil-War and the responsibility falls onto US authorities though. The latter half of the 19th Century were awful for Native Americans.

Dont worry. Many of the big cattlemen who owned thousands and thousands of acres of former Indian land in Wyoming and Montana were ex-pat English.

They were men who being second sons of British aristocracy and landed gentry inherited no land or property but still had money in their pockets and an eye for new lands and the money they could make from it.

As you say. Nobody is innocent

Archived