Too much American 'culture' in the UK?

I seriously doubt that a woman who has lived here as many years as Poppins is seriously deluded about this country, especially from someone who has never been here.

This may shock you, but we still have freedom of speech, and she appears to have forgotten more about the UK than she knows about the US, and she's not on her own.

If you wish to throw abuse at your abandoned homeland, please do it on a stars and stripes waving USA is wonderful forum.

It's mainly ArchViz. It's an annoying fly that keeps buzzing around your head and you dont want it around because you know that it's just been wading knee deep in a pile of horse sheet but there's no way you can just SWAT it :hihi:
It also thinks its funny in its drunken way. It might even be a human being when its sober.

Here's one for Buck.

The US and British Navy were recently on manoeuvres in the Persian gulf. The communications officer on the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise sent a radio message to the British carrier HMS Illustrious - " And how's the 2nd biggest Navy in the world today then??"

To which the Illustrious officer responded - " Fine. How's the 2nd best ??"

Night all. :D

As a retired CPO of that same Royal Navy, that joke has been passed down from matelot to matelot since the second world war. We have had rookies like you on this forum for years, full of pee and vinegar, you'll be here a little while then disappear like turds in the toilet.

As a retired CPO of that same Royal Navy, that joke has been passed down from matelot to matelot since the second world war. We have had rookies like you on this forum for years, full of pee and vinegar, you'll be here a little while then disappear like turds in the toilet.

Yes, my paternal grandfather (arctic convoys), father-in-law (pacific on Euryalus) told me. ;)

Yes, my paternal grandfather (arctic convoys), father-in-law (pacific on Euryalus) told me. ;)

That doesn't count, unless you've done national service and shot at least one person who meant you no harm. I missed national service by 5 years, however I am very grateful to the folk that fought to win a lasting peace via NATO. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan have all been dreadful mistakes IMHO, US sabre rattling has cost thousands of innocent lives, as has Blair's ego trip.

I was too young to serve in WW2, I left that to my older brother. However they managed to create a war just for me, the forgotten conflict of Korea, aboard HMS Theseus. I would later serve at the Suez Campaign and in Malaya, neither of which had anything to do with America. Crookesy please note. The sad, sad little man weighs 235 pounds, none of it fat.

Archived