What would Socrates think of Jackass?

Was watching Jackass 3.5 last night. On the whole, I find it amusing, and the Jackass team to be a lively bunch of lads. I was wondering though, what would Socrates make of the performace? Are they juvenile and without merit, or, is there some hidden virtue in their antics? Confronting fears? Breaking free of social norms? Not trapped, by a desire for the good opinion of others (perhaps not so much on this point, there seems to be a good helping of peer group pressure and egging each other on).

Are they a bunch of idiots?

Was watching Jackass 3.5 last night. On the whole, I find it amusing, and the Jackass team to be a lively bunch of lads. I was wondering though, what would Socrates make of the performace? Are they juvenile and without merit, or, is there some hidden virtue in their antics? Confronting fears? Breaking free of social norms? Not trapped, by a desire for the good opinion of others (perhaps not so much on this point, there seems to be a good helping of peer group pressure and egging each other on).

Are they a bunch of idiots?

a bit of the lot

funny as hell

One thing I find very admirable about them, is the good spirit in which they take pranks and assaults againt their persons. They never seem to take it personally. Or hold grudges etc.

Do you think they're inbred? It's the only solution I could think of.

And I think So-crates would like it, a lot. He 'partied down' with Bill & Ted, didn't he?

One thing I find very admirable about them, is the good spirit in which they take pranks and assaults againt their persons. They never seem to take it personally. Or hold grudges etc.

lol on 3.5 when bam and ryan are talking to camera while sat on chairs and bams falls over and he asks his his has been sabotaged

Archived