Only 7% sickness benefit claimants unable to do any sort of work

Rich for example, boasts regulary about his income, bank balance, all his new xbox games, phones, pub outings etc. But then openly admits he can work but does not want to as he would have all his freebies removed.

Not forgetting that he might have to work anti - social hours :o

Not forgetting that he might have to work anti - social hours :o

Indeed, god forbid that!! I regulary work 24hr shifts and weekends, sounds like I would be better off on the drip, free house and spending money and no anti-social hours and a lie in every day.

Indeed, god forbid that!! I regulary work 24hr shifts and weekends, sounds like I would be better off on the drip, free house and spending money and no anti-social hours and a lie in every day.

That sounds like bliss.

I dont remember the last decent lie in i got:hihi:

That sounds like bliss.

I dont remember the last decent lie in i got:hihi:

I was on call last night after doing a full day, so I got regular calls from 8am untill 10pm yesterday, then I had a call out at 2am, then back up for work at 6am.

Lie-ins are a thing of the past :(

I was on call last night after doing a full day, so I got regular calls from 8am untill 10pm yesterday, then I had a call out at 2am, then back up for work at 6am.

Lie-ins are a thing of the past :(

Ouch!.

That kind of work pattern cannot be healthy.

At that rate youll burn yourself out if your not careful :(

Ouch!.

That kind of work pattern cannot be healthy.

At that rate youll burn yourself out if your not careful :(

It keeps a roof over our heads, and food on the table. I want to look after my family so I work, I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it.

It keeps a roof over our heads, and food on the table. I want to look after my family so I work, I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it.

I see your point and thats a very commendable attitude.

Peace and love to you. :)

Why should an employer feel obliged to carry the burden of somebody who is regularly sick?

They employ people to do a job, not to be charitable wage providers.

I don't think he's claiming they should, but it does point out that just because someone claims EMA and ends up withdrawing that claim before assessment, does not automatically mean they are scroungers trying to fiddle the system.

Archived