Only 7% sickness benefit claimants unable to do any sort of work

I was forced to do this 'test' a couple of years ago. I was on JSA at the time, had a major operation and the box-ticker at Cavendish Court made me undergo an 'assessment' to push me on to ESA (That's how they show a monthly fall in unemployment, and pushing people onto WiseAbility, Remploy, A4e and other useless courses).

Before I went, I had to fill in the form. Believe me, any of you reading this would be deemed 'suitable to work'. If not, you'd be dead.

I ended up having a laugh with the ATOS (Paris-based, skim £100m per year off the Government) doctor. Told her I was just in need of a couple of months recuperation and the whole thing was a joke.

As has been said, exactly what jobs are there for these newly-found Damascene converts?

Pretty spot on, but these people will always attract criticism.

Especially if they admit to being 'unfit for work' for 20 years, then decide they are fit for voluntary work for 20 years, and then the truth comes out.

It will affect their benefits!

Some people just don't help themselves.

p.s. Daily Fail, before you ask.

Meh, I've done A4E (something similar anyway) and Remploy, both were a complete waste of time and no help in getting work, apart from that from Roger Worth Training I ended up spending 4 months bored out of my skull working in the Oxfam shop on King St, especially on a Thursday when Castle Markets were shut back in 1995.

Meh, I've done A4E (something similar anyway) and Remploy, both were a complete waste of time and no help in getting work, apart from that from Roger Worth Training I ended up spending 4 months bored out of my skull working in the Oxfam shop on King St, especially on a Thursday when Castle Markets were shut back in 1995.

So that was how long ago? 15 years? Have you tried again or do you just keep on using that as an excuse?

So you were bored working in Oxfam, what a shame. Do you think I worked in a sausage factory from 2pm - 10pm daily for fun? Either making cardboard boxes for 8 hours or putting sausages into a machine?

Face it Rich, you keep coming up with the same old crap about how 15 years ago someone at the job center was horrible to you, that is crappy excuse, you make absolutely no effort to get a job. You even said a while ago you could not work at ASDA because you could not work the hours YOU wanted to work!

Face it Rich, you keep coming up with the same old crap about how 15 years ago someone at the job center was horrible to you, that is crappy excuse, you make absolutely no effort to get a job. You even said a while ago you could not work at ASDA because you could not work the hours YOU wanted to work!

You would think that by now he would have learnt to keep his head down rather than keep making silly comments about Daily Mail readers ………. Just a thought.

You would think that by now he would have learnt to keep his head down rather than keep making silly comments about Daily Mail readers ………. Just a thought.

He seems like a bit of a troll to me.

All those faces he puts on his posts, his rants and his insults.

Im amazed hes not been banned cos the mods are usualy well on top of that kind of thing:confused:

So you proved you can work but because it dosn't suit you 100% you choose to scrounge off the rest of us.

So, I retrained after being ill, but I'm now not able to do that job either. Can you think of a job I could do without my dominant arm, whilst lying down (the only comfortable position) and whilst taking random unplanned sleep breaks?

And when you've thought about that and come up with an answer can you then find a company who is prepared to employ me and also pay for a helper to come in at random times to help with the problems I have with clothes for loo breaks and also to help with the stuff I have problems shifting because of the knackered back and knackered arm? How do I expect an employer to pay for 2 people to only get one person's worth of work?

Being 'fit for work' is all a bit pointless if there aren't enough jobs to go round anyway, isn't it? You go from one subset of people without jobs to a different subset of people without jobs, that's all.

let me say that you are capable of running this site so you should be able to do some kind of work.

Archived