Now islamist ban samosas

Well, yes, mental acuity is needed.

Judging by a lot (not all) of religious people's views and beliefs that I've heard/experienced/read it's not true that mental acuity is needed. I would say to be an atheist requires a bit more mental acuity but hey, this isn't a debate about the merits of religion so I'll leave it there.

the merits of religion so I'll leave it there.

I see no merits in a religion that can play host to factions that think it is a good idea to outlaw a foodstuff when the country is facing a food deficit:(.

I see no merits in a religion that can play host to factions that think it is a good idea to outlaw a foodstuff when the country is facing a food deficit:(.

I agree that this particular story is an example of a section of people doing something ridiculous in the name of religion. That said there are many, many examples of religions that host factions who beleive and do some awful things, this is a criticism of religion in general not just Islam. Of course the banning of samosas is wrong and stupid if we are just staying on track with the story this thread was started for but lets not pretend this type of thing is just limited to one religion and one part of the world.

It need have no food deficit if only its population could live and farm in peace.

I'm sure all decent people would echo these sentiments but as I'm sure you're aware there's a lot more to it than that. There are a million obstacles in the way of Somalia and countries like it ever having stability and peace.

I agree that this particular story is an example of a section of people doing something ridiculous in the name of religion. That said there are many, many examples of religions that host factions who beleive and do some awful things, this is a criticism of religion in general not just Islam. Of course the banning of samosas is wrong and stupid if we are just staying on track with the story this thread was started for but lets not pretend this type of thing is just limited to one religion and one part of the world.

Indeed, which is (one of the many, many reasons) why I'm an atheist:D.

Hmmm,both white non muslims.

Not my fault there are vile idiots from all cultures.

Id like to say your mask has slipped but, well it was never really fixed that well in place was it.

Please expand, as I don't quite get what you're trying to say with this statement.

Archived