Is the current economic climate as an excuse to rip us off?

A lot of shops have took it as a license to print money. If you shop around you can get cheaper stuff, Home bargains for household and non perishables for example, jack fulton for frozen stuff etc, Primark for clothes??:help:

But then you've got to mix amongst poor people, and nobody wants to be seen to be doing that.

Do those discount stores offer a home delivery service?

So shop around!

Many shops offer 'loss leaders' to attract customers. Customers who will hopefully buy other items which have higher profit margins.

No shop can afford to sell everything at a loss.

Most shoppers don't really bother to try to save money ... If they did, why do they keep buying over-priced 'prepared' foods?

Most shoppers don't really bother to try to save money ... If they did, why do they keep buying over-priced 'prepared' foods?

Because my golden rule of cooking is:

"Never make anything that takes longer to prepare than it does to eat"

If you want convenience food, you can expect to pay convenience food prices.

You may well get convenience (public or private) taste, but that's your choice.

Ah, well, there's "ready" ready-meals that cost about £4 each and there's "add some boiling water to a dehydrated packet of savoury rice" ready meals that costs about 60p from Asda.

I go for the latter. It's surprisingly tasty, too :)

Lynx shower gel used to be £2 a few months back, now it's £2.70.

I've stopped bathing now.

In the interests of hygiene (mine), I should let you know that Lynx shower gel is on offer at Wilkos for just 98p.

There's a cool metal one in silver - it looks like the liquid that the T1000 is made of :suspect:

In the interests of hygiene (mine), I should let you know that Lynx shower gel is on offer at Wilkos for just 98p.

Oh that's nice, have you started bathing again? You're starting to pong a bit :hihi:

Ah, well, there's "ready" ready-meals that cost about £4 each and there's "add some boiling water to a dehydrated packet of savoury rice" ready meals that costs about 60p from Asda.

I go for the latter. It's surprisingly tasty, too :)

And there's add some water to a handful of ordinary rice (add a bit of flavouring and maybe an egg too) that will cost you about 12p.

• 1 month later...
And there's add some water to a handful of ordinary rice (add a bit of flavouring and maybe an egg too) that will cost you about 12p.

I overheated an egg in a microwave once.

It egg-sploded.

The missus was not a happy bunny when she had to clean it up the next morning

:nono:

Archived