Citroen C3 Diesel 54 plate not starting

Hi there, can anyone suggest things to try before calling out Green Flag to fix my car??

This morning I drove fine for 10 mins, parked for 5 mins (engine off) and went to set off again but the car did not start

engine made the normal starting whirr but failed to kick in. I had a go at jumping but no joy. there are no warning lights and it has got half a tank of fuel.

cheers!

I'm not a mechanic, but it sounds like it could be the spark plugs or HT leads. Have you had it serviced in the last few months?

Yep your dead right there...your not a mechanic..Diesels dont do spark plugs or ht leads

Cam belt could have gone in that respect the engine will seem to be turning ok but it will not fire

I've had a cam belt go on me in the past and there was a loud knocking from the engine as the pistons all ran out of sync.

There's so many things it could be, I agree with the above, ring Green Belt - you pay for the service, so use it. :)

Archived