Exchange Club, Kingfield Road

Does anyone remember the (gentlemans) club in Nether Edge? A discreet, sedate place of gathering for Sheffield's professional business men (and women).

Dwindling numbers and revenue meant it closed, probably 25 years ago now, but have happy memories of the place, Kath especially who ran it.

Does anyone remember the (gentlemans) club in Nether Edge? A discreet, sedate place of gathering for Sheffield's professional business men (and women).

Dwindling numbers and revenue meant it closed, probably 25 years ago now, but have happy memories of the place, Kath especially who ran it.

The rot set in when they let the likes of you and me in. :hihi:

It was The Builders Exchange Club by the way.

The rot set in when they let the likes of you and me in. :hihi:
Aye I remember you crookesey, through a fog of Park Drive or more likely Dunhill ;)

It was The Builders Exchange Club by the way.

That must be why George Banks received privileged status at the bar :D

I once tried to gatecrash, casually flashing a pack of passing clouds but the Hillsborough Corner accent gave me away and I got rumbled....:(

They only allowed the 'nouveaux', hillsboro, grammar school boys with posh fags were considered 'old money' and a little too threatening intellectually :D

They only allowed the 'nouveaux', hillsboro, grammar school boys with posh fags were considered 'old money' and a little too threatening intellectually :D

Didn't we get in by wearing khaki warehouse coats and flat caps, carrying a large cardboard box? :rolleyes:

Archived