Has anyone heard of utility warehouse discountclub

I have been a satisfied customer for 4 years now and because of my own positive experience as a customer, became a distributor too last year. The residual 2nd income is a great bonus for helping my friends and family save money. :)

is this now your primary income tony?

I'm currently with Scottish & Southern Electric on a fixed dual-fuel 3-year tariff

The fixed tariff ends August 2014

Since the beginning of February to the present I've use 1810 units of electric

which calculates out with SSE at £254.00 with discounts applied

The discounts are (on metered units only)

1) 6% for paying by monthly direct debit

2) 1% for choosing paperless billing.

With U.W. it calculates out as

Low Usage rate: £250.00

Stan Usage rate: £245.00

High Usage rate: £237.00

I could not see anywhere on the U.W. website information regarding having a

fixed tariff or tariff increases (although I could be wrong).

The website response time is also poor.

There are customer reviews for most utility provides on the following link

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/utilities/supplier-reviews.aspx

Regards

Mike

I may be wrong but isn't this a thinly disguised pyramid selling scheme? A former acquaintance of mine is forever getting me to join - I checked his FB page and it just shows pics of his prize trip to Vegas, his prize of a mini with a livery website address which if you type in the link it takes you to a recruitment page to UW. Will be happy to be proved wrong

I have been with UW for over a year now for gas and electric. At first, I had a card with them too, which you had to load up with cash, and then use it at certain retailers and also on their own website, and it gave you cashback which was deducted from your total gas and electric bill. The card had "hidden extras" - ie you had to pay to top it up, and also had a monthly fee. They then deducted Asda from the list of retailers so it wasn't worth it for me. I still have the gas and electric from them though. The thing I like about it is that you read your own meters, and submit the readings monthly on line, and then get a total bill for the gas and electric every month. It's a good way of keeping track on your usage.

Another problem I had with the card was that I never received any cashback from purchases I made on line via their website. I did ring up and ask about it, and was told it was because my computer didn't enable cookies. This can't be right, as my computer IS set to enable cookies, so I just gave up. Just a thing to watch out for if you do decide to go ahead with them, and you take out the pre-payment card. It does make it a bit complicated as well.

I may be wrong but isn't this a thinly disguised pyramid selling scheme?

No

Will be happy to be proved wrong

okay...

Pyramid scheme:

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public

Archived