Microwave Strange Noise

I have a question for my microwave Delonghi AC 930 AMQ

,there is this strange noise coming when the microwave is on, noise like of a small drilling machine,anyone to tell me where within the microwave it could come from ,has it happen to anyone before,who is best placed to fix it,can I D.I.Y ,any suggestion?

Put the oven onto a lower microwave power so that the magnetron is cutting in and out, if it is making the noise only when the magnetron is working (ie microwaving) it is probably the magnetron that is shot and probably not worth repairing, if it makes the noise all the time it could just be a fan blade catching on the housing.

Put the oven onto a lower microwave power so that the magnetron is cutting in and out, if it is making the noise only when the magnetron is working (ie microwaving) it is probably the magnetron that is shot and probably not worth repairing, if it makes the noise all the time it could just be a fan blade catching on the housing.

Thanks for that I will think of checking the fan,since I only use it for microwaving(warming food,defrosting, so the noise is all the time when you press the start button to warm food(make them warm or hot),appreciate your input

I think you have bought a microwave which has been crossed with a power tool,and your MW is trying to communicate.I know some were so silent people complained they were not working so a tape loop was used to depict drilling and similar mechanical noises.It was the same with natural gas which carries a perfume as people felt it was innocuous without an odour.

Archived