Flying red ants MEGATHREAD

Out where I live it's not flying ants but thunderflies, or cornflies as some people call them. They are only about 2mm long maximum and loads of them have got behind the lcd screen of my computer monitor and died there, anyone know how to move them?!.

You must be around the Hornsea/Withernsea area?

Close, North Lincs near the Humber Bridge.

Thought so, I have a caravan in Hornsea and they are bad there at the moment! Seem to last about 2-3 days when the crops are being cut. I've seem them 3inch deep on the steps outside the Marine Hotel in Hornsea.

Thought so, I have a caravan in Hornsea and they are bad there at the moment! Seem to last about 2-3 days when the crops are being cut. I've seem them 3inch deep on the steps outside the Marine Hotel in Hornsea.

I really like Hornsea, my late godparents retired there from Coal Aston many years ago, If you let your caravan pm me, would be interested. Mike.

• 8 months later...

Hi people.

My garden has just been left to overgrow over the past few years but I'm now wanting a nice area to have friends round for a BBQ etc. Sofar Ive had some decking done and the rest dug over ready for artificial grass.

But I'm having a major issue with ants, I can't find a new anywhere get our garden is covered in them. Any idea how I could get rid?

Archived