Flying red ants MEGATHREAD

We had them, and they will come back every year. We eventually got somebody out to spray the downstairs. And we've never had another since. Well worth paying out for. We tried everything going, but got them back. Made my life hell

£25 is a good price for a pest control company to come in and spray for ants rento kill would charge the earth and as for the mickey mouse powders you can buy from diy shops you may aswell let the ants run off with the money
The mickey mouse powder worked for me. Looks like I'm £24 up.

If it is pharaoh ants do not spray them unless you want them to return in more numbers. If you spray and kill the worker ants the queen produces more queens who then satellite out and make new nests, so the problem will appear to reduce for a while then it will increase 3 or 4 times as bad. Use a local pest control company to you who will do a baiting programme more than likely over a period of 4 visits over a couple of months maybe 3, that is what I do anyway, but depends on the level on infestation. Take a look at my site for more information on Pharaoh ants, Essex Pest and Bird Control.

£25 is a good price for a pest control company to come in and spray for ants rento kill would charge the earth and as for the mickey mouse powders you can buy from diy shops you may aswell let the ants run off with the money

Sorry I didn’t realise you were drumming up business, last year my mother had them in her kitchen ……… we found where they were coming in, followed the track to a little hole at the side of the drains and blitz it with some of that “mickey mouse powder” ……… no more ants.

Hi all. Over the past 2 day hundreds of ant have appeared in only one corner of my kitchen. anyone else had this or know how to deal with them. Many thanks

You think you've got problems, we've 2 uncles staying at the moment and we can't get rid of them either...what powder is best for them?

Ant bait stations (from Wilkinsons, for example) are very effective at killing the ants off very quickly, if poison is what you want to use - that is the advice I was given by a pest control professional, and he was right, of course. Don't panic, set out the bait, and the ants disappear within a day or two.

I have used these before and they are good. I think mine came from B&Q but often the big supermarkets sell them too.

Ant powder or spray will kill most of them immediately but the bait station will killl the rest of them in the nest.

Archived