Flying red ants MEGATHREAD

Flying ant day !

The gardens crawling again.......thought it was usually later in the year??

flying ants are usually eaten by wasps.

there is currently a shortage of wasps due to alco's experiments and so the population of flying ants has boomed.

Don't forget the old adage:

Flying ants come but once a year,

Bringing annoyance and bad cheer

Normally in Aug or Sept

Is where this misery is kept

Unless the year ends in eleven I fear.

(old mother's tale I know ... pretty accurate though!) :)

That of course is not the only old adage.You will not be surprised to hear that my old mum knows one that contradicts your old mums.

The ants dont make all creatures cry

Some love the ones that fly

Little tiny dicky birds

Collect them in their herds

Their greedy little chicks to ply(with dead ants they have caught to feed them with)(in their nests)

That of course is not the only old adage.You will not be surprised to hear that my old mum knows one that contradicts your old mums.

The ants dont make all creatures cry

Some love the ones that fly

Little tiny dicky birds

Collect them in their herds

Their greedy little chicks to ply(with dead ants they have caught to feed them with)(in their nests)

I see your old mother has quite a gift with the old ambic pentameters! :P

eugh! thought it was just my garden that was infested!! never seen them before, well maybe a couple but not like this, the ground was moving!! put ant powder down though as they were all in front of the door and i dont fancy them coming inside.

Out where I live it's not flying ants but thunderflies, or cornflies as some people call them. They are only about 2mm long maximum and loads of them have got behind the lcd screen of my computer monitor and died there, anyone know how to move them?!.

i saw a couple of red ones too! i dont like flying bugs as it is but especially not ones that will bite me!! this thread is making me even itchier than i already was, glad to read they dont last long though.

Archived