Flying red ants MEGATHREAD

Out where I live it's not flying ants but thunderflies, or cornflies as some people call them. They are only about 2mm long maximum and loads of them have got behind the lcd screen of my computer monitor and died there, anyone know how to move them?!.

Use a cornfly magnet and gently drag them through the gap by the On/Off button. Careful though or you'll end up with a dyslexic E-book! :hihi:

I see your old mother has quite a gift with the old ambic pentameters! :P

Your sarcasm is clear but I am not offended.You had no way of knowing that my old mater is in fact Japanese and her main forte is Haiku.As the old trout,or should I say koi,so eloquentley puts it:-

To convey ones mood in seventeen sylables is very diffic

The blackbirds in our garden are gobbling up the ants. I was going to put ant powder down, then I realised that would mean poisoning the blackbirds and depriving them of their food supply.

Your sarcasm is clear but I am not offended.You had no way of knowing that my old mater is in fact Japanese and her main forte is Haiku.As the old trout,or should I say koi,so eloquentley puts it:-

To convey ones mood in seventeen sylables is very diffic

Sorry! ... didn't mean to offend!

Think 'The Pogues' ... think Japanese. I'll remember that in future. :P

For the 3rd year running ants have nested in our conservatory wall. This is despite filling every crack in the mortar, spraying and putting down powder. They manage to get through the mortar into the conservatory itself, morphing into flying ants as they go and crawl around the window sill, table and floor. I'm 2 storeys up at the mo and one just flittered up my arm. I honestly don't know what to do.

That of course is not the only old adage.You will not be surprised to hear that my old mum knows one that contradicts your old mums.

The ants dont make all creatures cry

Some love the ones that fly

Little tiny dicky birds

Collect them in their herds

Their greedy little chicks to ply(with dead ants they have caught to feed them with)(in their nests)

You have herds of birds where you live?

Being crapped on by a bird is supposed to be lucky ...

How big are the birds in your bird herds?

Do the pigs fly too?

For the 3rd year running ants have nested in our conservatory wall. This is despite filling every crack in the mortar, spraying and putting down powder. They manage to get through the mortar into the conservatory itself, morphing into flying ants as they go and crawl around the window sill, table and floor. I'm 2 storeys up at the mo and one just flittered up my arm. I honestly don't know what to do.
invite a couple of blackbirds round from Nagel's garden?

Never seen any flying ants ... is this the fallout from one of Alcoblog's Area 51 experiments?

Never seen any flying ants ... is this the fallout from one of Alcoblog's Area 51 experiments?

I'd just like to categorically state here and now that none of the experiments here at Area 51 and a half are currently utilising ants of any kind (at the moment) ... this includes the flying variety.:|

Archived