72 year old arrested for protecting himself

The quotes in that are stupid - loads on how they tried to save the guys life, none saying they tried to protect the old man from being burgled...

Tess, the police and the CPS have proved themselves to be incompetent fools, time after time. The 72 year old is an easy arrest, he definitely killed someone, whilst the remaining robbers could argue that they were there to purchase flowers.

It's a bloody joke, a gang of thieves try to rob him, he responds with one of the tools of his trade, one of the robbers dies, the police are waiting to charge the injured 72 year old with murder.

Whoever came to this conclusion needs sacking, Trafford area again I see, what a load of plonkers. :loopy:

Drama queen, calm down - howabout letting the police and the CPS do their job before you start blabbing about how unfair it is?

You've no idea what went on in that shop.

It may well be the case that he was found to have acted in self defence - if so, great.

It might be found that he stabbed the guy when he was already incapacitated or trying to run away - in which case the guy might rightly be looking at charges.

The quotes in that are stupid - loads on how they tried to save the guys life, none saying they tried to protect the old man from being burgled...

We've been watching too much Casualty and Holby City.

Everybody wants a bloody lifesaver badge :roll:

What common sense, the guy deserves a commendation for courage? :mad:

You really don't know that crookesy - wait till we hear what really happened - would you be calling for him to get a medal if he'd stabbed the guy when he was out cold or when he was incapable of causing any danger?

Drama queen, calm down - howabout letting the police and the CPS do their job before you start blabbing about how unfair it is?

You've no idea what went on in that shop.

It may well be the case that he was found to have acted in self defence - if so, great.

It might be found that he stabbed the guy when he was already incapacitated or trying to run away - in which case the guy might rightly be looking at charges.

You will find yourself to be in a minority on this one, and drop the drama queen, you don't need to resort to childish name calling, folk will think that you're a child.

You really don't know that crookesy - wait till we hear what really happened - would you be calling for him to get a medal if he'd stabbed the guy when he was out cold or when he was incapable of causing any danger?

I wouldn't give him a medal, but then again I wouldn't jail him for killing the robber.

For Heaven's sake, the victim is an old man in his seventies, attacked by a small group of young lads in their thirties, who may or may not have had a gun with them :roll:

You will find yourself to be in a minority on this one, and drop the drama queen, you don't need to resort to childish name calling, folk will think that you're a child.

Hardly - almost everyone agrees that you're getting your knickers in a twist for no good reason.

I wouldn't give him a medal, but then again I wouldn't jail him for killing the robber.

For Heaven's sake, the victim is an old man in his seventies, attacked by a small group of young lads in their thirties, who may or may not have had a gun with them :roll:

I said a commendation for courage, I now see that I said that he should be given a medal, some folk never let the truth get in the way of a good rant. ;)

I said a commendation for courage, I now see that I said that he should be given a medal, some folk never let the truth get in the way of a good rant. ;)

Nobody knows what the truth of this affair is yet. We're in the same position as we were the last time a thread was started on a similar subject - man stabbed to death while robbing a house as part of a gang.

As it turned out, the guy who stabbed him was acting perfectly within his rights in self-defence, there was no case to answer. What people seem to forget, or choose to ignore, is that without a police investigation we wouldn't have known that.

Archived