72 year old arrested for protecting himself

We don't know all the facts, do we? The old fella might not have needed to use such force, and as such may be guilty of manslaughter. He may of saved his own and others lives, in which case he's a hero.

Simple fact of the matter is someone is dead, and whoever did it needs to be held to account, if appropriate.

How cold is it likely to be for goodness' sake. It's July.

Actually, they're still quite cold (even in the middle of Summer).

Though you didn't say how you came to the conclusion that AR was a troll, just because they posted "No, but I bet he spends plenty of time in a cold, horrible interview room.".

Though you didn't say how you came to the conclusion that AR was a troll, just because they posted "No, but I bet he spends plenty of time in a cold, horrible interview room.".

Wind your neck in - I never claimed he was!

Probably because of sentimental rubbish. Since when has a police interview room been anything other than uninviting.

It's very worrying that a few on here seem to want to bypass due process. If he's found to be protecting himself and walks then all the "bullet to the head" cases can rest easy.

Then what is your issue with him being interviewed? You raised the point, so you must have some issue with it unless you were simply trolling.

A couple of people have already answered your point for me. This is an old man who probably feared for his life while being robbed. The last thing he needs now is to be held by the police in horrible surroundings away from friends and family.

Yes, he does need to be questioned about the death / murder / manslaughter, but there needs to be some compassion in the way he's treated.

A couple of people have already answered your point for me. This is an old man who probably feared for his life while being robbed. The last thing he needs now is to be held by the police in horrible surroundings away from friends and family.

And he isn't being so held, as was pointed out earlier.

Yes, he does need to be questioned about the death / murder / manslaughter, but there needs to be some compassion in the way he's treated.

The more they mess about with the law, the more confusing it gets. I recall Jack Charlton commenting on changes made to the 'off side' rule, he said, "If someone is on the field of play they are interfering with play".

If several people scare someone in their own shop, so much that the elderly shop owner feels that he has to use a knife to protect himself, something tells me that there ought to be a different rule for him than for a knife wielding yob. Didn't there used to be something called 'sufficient cause'?

Archived