Arthur Scargill and his penthouse

Very well put, I just hope more people get the message about the real scargill.

Do Scargills supporters think he cares about them whilst he has his feet up in his plush country home sat in acres of grounds in Barnsley . ? Like hell he does. Does Scargill care about the mining communitys he destroyed whilst he is sat in his plush country home ? Like hell he does.

How many of the minors he claimed to be standing up for nowe live the life of luxury Scargill leads ? NONE.

And to this day ,30 years on from the strikes ,he is STILL trying to feather his nest and line his pockets and its the very people who lost their jobs,had their communitys destroyed by the mans actions who are paying for his lifestyle through their NUM contributions.

Yet some STILL support him.

What amazes me is that there are still people out there who havnt seen thorugh this man ,and what he stands for.

You really couldnt make it up.

If your words were turned around, if Scargill hadn't taken on the government for his own agenda, if people had worked instead of striked, if unions hadn't played politics with peoples lives...

I wonder if there would still be a successful mining industry today and if their associated communities would be thriving.

I wonder.

The strike was planned in advance by the Tories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_Plan

It is hardly a palace either, paid for with his own money.

Or do you think union leaders should wear hair shirts? That is a bit ultra lefty, if you do.

with his very genourous salary i presume ,which in turn is funded by the members of the NUM. So while he has feathered his own nest ,the very people he let down have suffered .

Ive no time for unions ,never have had ,but Scargill really is the worst of them all. He got too big for his boots ,thought he could take on the Iron lady ,and was duely crushed by her.

It is hardly a palace either, paid for with his own money.Or do you think union leaders should wear hair shirts? That is a bit ultra lefty, if you do.

Bit like the bankers getting paid for failure.

The strike was planned in advance by the Tories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_Plan

Stockpiling coal, making plans to maintain the supply to keep the lights on and the country functioning, the ******** :roll:

Yes isn't it just disgraceful how the conservatives learnt from past experience and took steps to prevent the Unions from being able to use strikes as a party political weapon to bring down democratically elected governments.

Archived