Arthur Scargill and his penthouse

Stockpiling coal, making plans to maintain the supply to keep the lights on and the country functioning, the ******** :roll:

Yes isn't it just disgraceful how the conservatives learnt from past experience and took steps to prevent the Unions from being able to use strikes as a party political weapon to bring down democratically elected governments.

Democraticaly elected by 40%.

Scargills pad is hardly a detatched cottage .

Where is the pad you talk about? we can have a look on a map and make our own minds up.

I live only a mile or so from Scargills plush ,massive country house ,with its long drive,sweeping grounds.

Seeing as you live only a mile or so from this house you talk about you shouldn't have any problems telling us where it is.

Rubbish, Clegg grabbed the nearest he'll ever get to power and sold out.

:huh: How is this supposed to be a response to my previous post? Are you seriously attempting to deny that the electorate had a chance to change from the fptp system where 40% of the vote often gives a 'landslide' majority but rejected it?

I was going to say that a lot of people, by lack of education had jobs which were the " Pits " of their type of work, but, as Malky a friend of mine ( probably not after this ) I should not say any more.

I used to have a sig ……….. attack the post not the poster ……… I don’t know anyone on here personally and anything I say relates totally to the post not the individual , hopefully others see it like that as well.

Stockpiling coal, making plans to maintain the supply to keep the lights on and the country functioning, the ******** :roll:

Yes isn't it just disgraceful how the conservatives learnt from past experience and took steps to prevent the Unions from being able to use strikes as a party political weapon to bring down democratically elected governments.

You appear to have misread the link, the Ridley plan was not about protecting anything, it was about taking revenge on a union for the 1974 industrial action... a work to rule, ie, doing nothing more than they were contracted to. The miners didn't bring down Heath's Govt. Heath brought it down himself.

Yes and thicko Scargill walked right into the trap, but what did he care?

He knew that his "lads" and their families would bear the brunt of the hardship and not himself.

Scargill had no option except, as I said earlier, to follow in Joe Gormley's footsteps and ignore the wishes of his members. Since Scargill was elected on a democratic ticket that would have been a little hypocritical. As it was he had little choice anyway, Yorkshire and other regions had walked out on strike before the EGM and any opportunity for Scargill to have any influence anyway.

Archived