Forms of ID accepted in/around Sheffield

Morris1593

I will be turning 18 soon and am a bit cautious about which form of ID i should use.

A few of my friend's provisional licenses have been rejected because they can be faked and I think this is becoming more common... and I have no intention to learn to drive.

I heard about citizen cards but am unsure if anywhere accepts these? even though it says they are recognized as ID and they are cheaper than a provisional.

Also, I don't fancy the idea of carrying a passport around with me as they cost loads to replace.

Which forms of ID do you suggest I use? :/

*EDIT* Forgot to mention this is for me to use to get in bars/ clubs and also supermarkets. (Specifically music venues and tesco)

Well some of my mates have been rejected, if you google 'are provisional licenses still accepted as ID 2011' a few stuff comes up suggesting they are becoming less accepted and some places are starting to only accept full licenses.

EDIT plus I really do look about 16 so can't rely on them 'letting me off'

I lost my provisional but then found it again after i bought a new 1 so now i take out the one that id lost with me so that if i did loose it, it dont cost me anything as its not valid for driving lessons, but still useful as ID, ive never had problem with it ,though very rarely get asked for ID, im not sure of any clubs on weststreet or in town for that matter that have every turned a provisional away. If you get an ID card with the PASS logo this is classified as proof of ID, also only other option would be Passport. These are only form of recognised ID i'm aware of, learn about the PASS logo doing my Door Supervisor (bouncer) course.

They must accept your provisional. Simple as that. Know your rights!

Nowhere is obliged to accept anything. Most places only accept driving licences and passports. At the end of the day the bar/pub/club is private property and management or their representatives (doorstaff) always reserve the right to refuse you entry. Also entry can be refused without reason. When I was working on the door in BIrmingham I would always give a reason as I felt it was important but staff are under no obligation to do so.

You cannot use the following as reasons to refuse entry sex, sexuality, skin colour, nationality or disabillity.

I never had problems with provisional or full driving license until I lost them.

I just use my passport now and I get asked for it every once in a while and Im 21 so don't count on not getting asked.

The biggest problem is though if you don't take it out every bouncer in South Yorkshire want too see it, If you do take it out no one wants too see it.

Archived