Do you max your loyalty points?

Do you max your shopping points?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you max your shopping points?

• I always make sure I get everything due to me!
    • If it's not too much hassle, I'll collect and redeem them
    • I collect them, then forget to use them
    • I can't be faffed with all the cards and stuff, so don't bother

I have a Tesco card (amongst others). Every so often (quarterly?) I get £15 off my shopping as my points get sent to me as vouchers.

So they get data on what I like to buy I get money off my shopping.

Fair exchange IMO.

Boots, again I just swipe when there and trade in if there's enough to cover the purchase. I have a friend who has saved about £120 in Boots points to use at Christmas. This makes me a bit nervous - if she lost her purse, that's as good as cash as there's no security on the card.
I lost one with £60 on it once - in a Boots machine. I forgot to take it after all the faffing with the vouchers

It had mainly got into that state due to the purchase of Mr Strix's glasses

Thankfully they replaced it for me now, but I refuse to let them rack up the same way. Basically, if I've only nipped in for nappies, if there's enough points to do so, I pay with points

I have a Nectar card and tend to let the points mount up and then use the points to do a shop in Sainsburys. To me this is how points should be used and not "money off" vouchers.

I have received Sainbury's money off vouchers but have never used them as I don't tend to spend the amount you have to spend to get money off your bill and also they usually only have a very short timespan so they have run out before I've had time to use them anyway!

I love my boots points! They grow so quickly which is great but I think its because as I know I have one, i'm inclined to spend more in the first place to get the points. Very useful at Christmas though.

Me too. And if anyone over 60 is reading this they should join Boots health club, as they will get a discount off all Boots own brand items. Its mainly 10% but there are other offers. For instance I've bought Ibuprofen for half price.

I use an M&S credit card for nearly all my shopping, and pay it off in full every month. No interest, and I get M&S vouchers, which come in handy.

I also shop at Tesco, but not as much as I used to. However, I never use my Tesco vouchers to buy in store, I swap them for rewards worth 3 or 4 times as much. We can have a meal out for a few quid in Tesco vouchers.

I don't use 'loyalty cards'. They're just a way of collecting data on your shopping habits and the payment they offer for that isn't really worth it.

Why? Its not like they can do anything negative with the data which affects you in any way.

So Tescos and their affiliates know how many tins of beans I buy, big deal.

Archived